VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kitty made a mad dash for the door last night. He's strictly an indoor cat and declawed on all four paws. ( I can't believe some a$$ would declaw a cat on thier front paws, let alone the back paws but I digress we adopted him this way.) So you can see why I would be worried about my poor defenseless indoor cat out in the wild of our apartment complex.

So he made it out the door and over our patio fence which is about 4 1/2 foot high. I went after him and he hopped back over the fence and through the open patio door. This morning when I woke up to go feed him he limped as oppose to pranced his way into the kitchen. All four paws are scraped and bruised. I have an appointment with the vet, but is there anything I can do for Sasha in the meantime?

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Poor kitty! I can't think of anything you can do... I can't imagine many cats allowing ice packs to be applied to their feet. I hope his paws are better soon, though.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Any news, monkeyandbunny? How's your kitty doing? Hopefully, it was just a bit of bruising and nothing more serious.

Hugs to you and your kitty!!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No news yet, my appointment is tonight. He seems to be feeling lots better and his little paws have healed quite a bit since. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update on my kitty!

He's going to be fine! He has a BIG hair ball,(He was barfing alot too) we bought him hairball formula food, felinelax and we are also adding some canned pumpkin to his food. Apparently this will help him pass the hairball.

His front paws have healed nicely. His back paws were more irritated, the vet says its probably due less to his mad escape and due to the fact that he has had his back claws removed. Some of the bone had regenerated and was irritated further by jumping over the fence. What a way to render a poor kitty defenseless!
He is on antibiotics for his toe. He scrunches up his face when he sees the medicine dropper, but he takes his meds like a good kitty. The vet also advised me to soak the affected foot in warm water and epsom salts in an attempt to drain the wound.

This was our first trip to the Vet with him since we adopted him a month ago, he was the most well behaved cat I have ever seen.

Thanks for caring!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Borealis,

I take Sasha to the Bloomington Pet Hospital on Smith Road. I saw Dr. Casper. I have heard that Dr. Cox is good as well.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
I hear good things about Bloomington Pet Hospital.

We go to the Cat Care Center, though. We have pet rats, and when one of them needed to see a vet, my SO called around and the Cat Care Center was the only place he found that looks at rats. Fortuntately, we really like Dr. Sue, so we keep going there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts