VeggieBoards banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatorMouse View Post

No way! All this time I thought the hearing benefits were just a coincidence with me. Back in my teens I went to way too many Ozzy concerts, and I developed a nasty ringing in my ears. I remember my juice fast was the turning point. I still hear a slight whistle once in a while, but that might just be my computer hard drive... i dunno.

And I'm just giving your bf a hard time
3 days is quite an accomplishment itself. Kudos all around!
Really??? Wow! That definately gives me hope! Did you have hearing loss too and did it improve from the fast?

I am not sure how I got my tinnitus - it came after my hearing loss and is only in one ear. Hearing loss came from either too much clubbing in my 20's or a few bad ear infections I got from too much ear wax buidup (which I know was caused by all the dairy i was eating at the time).

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatorMouse View Post

Congratulations & good luck, queenfluff!

A juice fast is what introduced me to vegetarianism. I was a regular meat eater, and in order to train for a race I went on a juice fast for 2 months. It felt so good to detoxify that I never went back to my gross eating habits afterwards. I recommend it very highly.
It'll be fun to read what strange & interesting concoctions you come up with. Mine was pretty unimaginative. I basically stuck to V8 Splash and tomato juice. With an occasional bloody mary...
I'm not sure if you made your bloody marys at home, but if you order them out, be careful. They usually call for Worcestershire sauce, which has anchovies in it.

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
A little off topic, but over at RFT, someone started a thread recently about raw food and tinnitus. Some people have said that it's gotten better since starting raw/fasting. Gives me a little hope as I've had tinnitus for 20 or more years now.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post

A little off topic, but over at RFT, someone started a thread recently about raw food and tinnitus. Some people have said that it's gotten better since starting raw/fasting. Gives me a little hope as I've had tinnitus for 20 or more years now.
Whats RFT? I used to post on the rawfood.com boards and we had some posts going about raw food and tinnitus but that was quite a while ago.

Is your tinnitus really bad Jenna? Mine is liveable - I have gotten used to it - I am glad it is only in one ear.

Oh, just to mention, the thing I read about the woman getting rid of her tinnitus was in the book 'Stop your Tinnitus' by Phyllis Avery - she got rid of her tinnitus on a fast. (she goes through other possible things that could cause tinnitus too).

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yah, what's RFT? I'd love to read more about people's experiences. Mine didn't include actual hearing loss; it was just an annoying whine overtop everything. It was also accompanied by frequent headaches which may have been due to high blood pressure (yeah, I was a mess).

I can't attribute my recovery solely to the juice fast, because it may have been due to my overall lifestyle changes. But definitely the juice fast was the first time I noticed results. I have a lot of faith in the human body's ability to repair itself, so I bet even 20-year-long tinnitus can be overcome.

PS DelicGrape, yep all my bloody marys were homemade. In fact I use the term bloody mary very loosely. It was basically tomato sauce, olive juice and as splash of gin for fun. Not what I'd call "healthy", but hey... it was liquid.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post

whoops, sorry! RFT is http://www.rawfoodtalk.com i don't post there too often. my user name is jenna rose. the tinnitus thread just started a day or so ago, in the health section.
Thanks Jenna! I found it! I'll sign up for that.

The other raw boards that has a few tinnitus posts that I used to post on is here:

http://www.sunfood.com/cgi-bin/forum...al=;StartAt=10

I did a search for the threads on tinnitus - if the search link doesn't work than just go to http://www.sunfood.com/forum/ultimatebb.php for forum home page.

·
Registered
79 Posts
hey could u help me? i wanna do this too, but have no idea how to make the juices and what i need or wut to expect. I am re-becomming a vegan
and would like to detox my body of all the crappy meat and junk food i've been eating which has been killing my body. my body is really rebelling against all this food (especially meat!
) if its not too much trouble this would really help thanx!!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Thanks veggiejanie and karenlovessnow! I appreciate all your cheering and support! (I am glad I posted my fast on here - made it much easier and a lot more fun - plus with everyone rooting for me made me want to keep going to day 7!)

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Rose View Post

hey could u help me? i wanna do this too, but have no idea how to make the juices and what i need or wut to expect. I am re-becomming a vegan
and would like to detox my body of all the crappy meat and junk food i've been eating which has been killing my body. my body is really rebelling against all this food (especially meat!
) if its not too much trouble this would really help thanx!!
Hi! Well, I could try - I am not an expert or anything.

I would advise you to start another thread though - since my thread has been getting bit off topic and my fast is already over. I am sure you will get some support from others on the forum too.

I would suggest to get the book "Juice Fasting and Detoxification". It is very easy to read and very helpful with guidelines.

You can get it at Borders and places like that:

http://www.amazon.com/Juice-Fasting-.../dp/1878736655

My first thing I would suggest is for you to do a longer pre-fast diet (maybe two weeks) of more raw foods since you have been eating meat recently. I haven't eaten meat for 17 years or dairy for over a year. Plus I was raw for a year- so my detox symptoms were practically zilch. You might have some more serious detoxing symptoms. Eating the pre-fast diet with help your fast go more smoothly.

For the juices, you will need a juicer. Depending on what sort of juices you will want to have for your fast - you can get a manual one or an electric. If you want to juice greens, you will need a special juicer for that. If you just want to do fruits or vegetables, you can buy one at places like Bed, Bath and Beyond or Linens and Things. (don't know where you are located).

You can manually juice with a juice reemer for citrus fruits too but that is alot of work. The book has a section about juicers in it. You can use bottled juices but those don't have much nutritional properties to it. It is better to use fresh. You could do a water fast if the juicing is a problem but those are hard (I wouldn't do it unless you had fasting experience - I haven't done one).

You can PM me if you want and I can try to help - or start another thread on here for others to help too. Also, there are lots of helpful websites (just do a search) about juicers and how to juice and how to fast.

·
Registered
79 Posts
thanx u have no idea how much this helped me. i might start another thread thats a great idea! ok i will! thanx again, i'll try and buy that book.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts