VeggieBoards banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatorMouse View Post

qf, your posts are making me want to start a juice fast myself.

Hey, I wanted to ask: are you feeling any psychological benefits? When I did my fast, I remember around day #5 I suddenly started feeling an amazing sort of euphoria. Like suddenly the world was a wonderful place and everything made sense and I could fix the universe's problems. This lasted for a long time.

I've never met anyone who's fasted 5 days or more, so I've never been able to compare notes with anyone before. This is really cool. In addition to your daily juice regimen, please post anything else noteworthy, like attitude, physical benefits or even spiritual revelations.

Woohoo nice job!
He he. Thanks!
Glad I am inspiring you.

Well, I haven't reached day 5 day. I will definately be doing 5 days (I am going to decide on the 7 tomorrow - only because of my trip starting soon). No euphoria yet. Well, right now I just feel really tired and weak. So I am a little cranky. I do feel like I am losing weight for the physically benefits - My face looks thinner.

On the down side, my hair seems drier ( I have been taking hot showers though - it is cold here 20 degrees) and so does my skin. I am ingesting no oils so that makes sense too.

One thing that is weird - I feel more aware of my teeth (you can laugh) - probably because I am not chewing. Plus my tongue is dry.

I'll post again later tonight what I ate and how I feel at the end of today.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
4th day juice menu:

Hot lemon water

Orange- pineapple juice

Almond mylk

"Bugs Bunny" cocktail (carrot, cucumber, celery, tomato)

Filtered water

I feel ALOT better tonight than I did this morning. I don't feel spacey. Still a little tired and weak but I am hoping I am slightly 'over the hump' for my body adjusting and detoxing. I feel more balanced. Bought myself a juice press!

Full speed ahead to day 5!

·
Registered
592 Posts
*joins in the qf cheering committee*

woof woof woof woof woof

Yeah, I remember the spacey, tired period too. It happens right around day 3, but like you said, once you make it over the hump it's party time!

About the lack of oil & dry hair, yeppers I got that too. Try adding a Tbsp of olive oil to your Bugs Bunny cocktail (luv the name). Or how bout a "poorman's gazpacho" - tomato juice & olive oil.

Hooray for day #5. Hallucinogenic euphoria just ahead!!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Quote:

*joins in the qf cheering committee*

woof woof woof woof woof

Yeah, I remember the spacey, tired period too. It happens right around day 3, but like you said, once you make it over the hump it's party time!

About the lack of oil & dry hair, yeppers I got that too. Try adding a Tbsp of olive oil to your Bugs Bunny cocktail (luv the name). Or how bout a "poorman's gazpacho" - tomato juice & olive oil.

Hooray for day #5. Hallucinogenic euphoria just ahead!!
Aw, I have a fan club! Thanks guys!

Well, its day 5 - I still feel a bit week today and my back and shoulders hurt and are achey? Bf is going to give me a back massage later.
No feeling of euphoria yet. But I think I am too weak to feel it. That's OK. Also, my eyes are getting dry - time for some eye drops.

I noticed that the times I feel most crappy are right when I get up in the morning. Once I have some juice (usually citrus - esp orange) I feel better. Maybe my blood sugar drops or something..?

Well, today my bf is gonna be juicin' up the wheatgrass (we bought a whole tray!) and is going out to buy some young coconuts for coconut water! Coconut water really helps me feel better. Must be all those electrolytes.

So, I guess I'll be going to day 7 which will be Friday. I am going to plan out my transition meal - this is the part I am most nervous about since I don't want to screw it up.

Used my manual juice press for my OJ this morning and wasn't that impressed with it. I will probably use it until I am done with my citrus fruits and then return it - and get another kind. I want a manual one since they are easier to clean than the electric ones. (more energy efficient too).

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Wow... You're doing so awesome!

Here's a few more cheers!

and
That's beer juice

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

Wow... You're doing so awesome!

Here's a few more cheers!

and
That's beer juice
If only there were a 'beer juice'.......

....no beer make queenfluff..something..something.....

(no beer for me for a while!
)

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
5th day juice menu:

Hot lemon water

Orange juice

Pineapple juice

Almond mylk

"Triple Juicy Fruity" cocktail (apple, pear, grape)

Filtered water

Ok..no euphoria yet..Maybe I'm a late blommer. Still feel achey, week and tired. I have a little bit of a sore throat - could be because my tongue and mouth are dry? I think I am not drinking enough water. Oh well, two more days to go!

Unfortunately, couldn't get the coconuts today and wheatgrass isn't ready to be juiced yet. Tomorrow hopefully.

HINT: If anyone ever decides to do a juice fast, the Almond mylk really helps if you are hungry and feel week. It is very filling. I am so glad I made some.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QueenFluff, this is just a thought, but the orange, pineapple, and lemon juice are all acidic fruit juices and could be causing your soar throat. I've heard of that happening from tomato juice also.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickchance View Post

QueenFluff, this is just a thought, but the orange, pineapple, and lemon juice are all acidic fruit juices and could be causing your soar throat. I've heard of that happening from tomato juice also.
Hmm, didn't know that..Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. I'll probably be drinking less citrus today as I have other juices planned. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
6th Day juice menu:

Hot lemon water

Double Shot Wheatgrass

Coconut water

Red and Green cocktail (tomato, cucumber, celery, sprouts)

Filtered water

WooHoo! One more day! I'm feelin' pretty fine today.

Still not very strong and if I get up too quickly I feel a bit dizzy but no more aches, headaches, spacey-ness. Sore throat is gone. Tongue is still dry though. I feel very relaxed and my body feels very 'tuned-up' (like my cells are breathing). The wheatgrass really gave me a buzz.

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
Yay. I'm really proud of you for sticking with it! Do you think it's something you'll do again?

Had you had wheat grass before? I know some people just can't stand it and others work their way up to get bigger and bigger doses.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thanks Jenna and Jessica! It is funny but I didn't think I was gonna be able to do the 7 days esp on the 3 and 4 days -I felt so crappy then but I felt so good yesterday and today that I wish I had time to go longer - I would if I weren't going on vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post

Yay. I'm really proud of you for sticking with it! Do you think it's something you'll do again?

Had you had wheat grass before? I know some people just can't stand it and others work their way up to get bigger and bigger doses.
Thanks! I am proud of me too!
Funny thing is that this was my bf's idea and he really slacked off and only did 3 days (he cheated so he really didn't even do a full 3 day) while I did a whole solid week! Although, the bf has been making all of the non-citrus juices so he did his part.

Yes, I am defiantely planning on doing it again! I want to do a 14 day next time. It will be easier I am sure because I will know what to expect and that I probably won't feel good until day 6-ish. I have some other health problems that I am hoping will improve more with a longer fast.

Yes, I have done wheatgrass before. I did it for a while over a year ago on a regular basis (sometimes I would fresh squeeze but mostly I would buy the frozen because i was so busy). I was about 80% raw then. So, I am kind of used to the taste. I don't really care for it so I have to drink it a bit slower but I know that it is good for me (sort of like taking medicine).

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
7th day juice menu:

Hot lemon water

Double shot of wheatgass

Coconut water

Orange juice cocktail

Filtered water

Today was my last day! I will start eating some juicy fruits tomorrow, raw salad and still more juices and salads to start my transition. I'll eat all raw for the next three days. I plan to be back on a regular diet and eat something cooked on Tuesday. Just in time for my trip!

Thanks for all your wonderful comments and cheering!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Not quite sure actually. I don't have a scale so I couldn't weight myself. Next time I do it I will since I am curious myself.

But, I'll put it this way: I normally wear a size 4 in jeans before I went on the fast my jeans were getting tight in the stomach. Now, they are very loose and I have extra space in the waist! If I had to estimate, I would say at least 5 pounds. WooHoo!

My bf said I look thinner. At least, I'll look good on the nude beach next week!

·
Registered
592 Posts
WOW MEGA HOORAY CONGRATS QUEENFLUFF!

And be sure to give your bf hell for being such a lame slacker

I think you actually experienced the "euphoria" I had talked about earlier. Basically you go from feeling like utter crapsville (day 3-4) to "wow this feels pretty cool!" It's physical, but it's also mental, driven by the realization that you've done something that few human beings can do. And you sure did. Congrats again, and thanks for posting such a detailed account of the experience. Hopefully it'll encourage other VBers to give it a shot (myself included). Have fun on the nude beach
I bet you've got some great abs to show off!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Quote:

WOW MEGA HOORAY CONGRATS QUEENFLUFF!

And be sure to give your bf hell for being such a lame slacker

I think you actually experienced the "euphoria" I had talked about earlier. Basically you go from feeling like utter crapsville (day 3-4) to "wow this feels pretty cool!" It's physical, but it's also mental, driven by the realization that you've done something that few human beings can do. And you sure did. Congrats again, and thanks for posting such a detailed account of the experience. Hopefully it'll encourage other VBers to give it a shot (myself included). Have fun on the nude beach
I bet you've got some great abs to show off!
Thanks again! It was great to have your experienced input and support!

The bf didn't slack off that badly. He did make most of the juices for me!

Yeah, I think I felt it too - I felt pretty awesome on Thrus and Fri and more relaxed and at peace which is opposite for me since I am a Type A and a worrier - only thing I didn't have was strength. I am definately proud of myself and I am glad I did it.

I had a few nice physical benefits other than the weight loss and great feeling. I tend to have problems with my TMJ joints and it was definately theraputic to give my jaws a week off from chewing and they got lots of rest. I slept great this week!

Also I have some hearing loss and I swear I can hear a little bit better (either that or my brain is just a lot clearer and it pays more attention to things) - I would fast for months if it could restore my hearing! One thing I wish I had gotten rid of but hadn't is the tinnitus I have in my left ear - although it definatley seems to be decreased alot ( it comes and goes from being loud than almost non-existant) because I read that a woman got rid of hers on the fifth day of her fast. I think mine might be more related to my joint problem though. I am sure I probably have more toxins to get rid of though- so still hope for my next fast.

The abs aren't that great yet! I didn't really work out when fasting since I was weak - I still got toning to do!
I'll be sure to post when I do it again!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenfluff View Post

Also I have some hearing loss and I swear I can hear a little bit better (either that or my brain is just a lot clearer and it pays more attention to things) - I would fast for months if it could restore my hearing! One thing I wish I had gotten rid of but hadn't is the tinnitus I have in my left ear - although it definatley seems to be decreased alot ( it comes and goes from being loud than almost non-existant) because I read that a woman got rid of hers on the fifth day of her fast.
No way! All this time I thought the hearing benefits were just a coincidence with me. Back in my teens I went to way too many Ozzy concerts, and I developed a nasty ringing in my ears. I remember my juice fast was the turning point. I still hear a slight whistle once in a while, but that might just be my computer hard drive... i dunno.

And I'm just giving your bf a hard time
3 days is quite an accomplishment itself. Kudos all around!

21 - 40 of 53 Posts