VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Congratulations & good luck, queenfluff!

A juice fast is what introduced me to vegetarianism. I was a regular meat eater, and in order to train for a race I went on a juice fast for 2 months. It felt so good to detoxify that I never went back to my gross eating habits afterwards. I recommend it very highly.
It'll be fun to read what strange & interesting concoctions you come up with. Mine was pretty unimaginative. I basically stuck to V8 Splash and tomato juice. With an occasional bloody mary...

·
Registered
592 Posts
qf, your posts are making me want to start a juice fast myself.

Hey, I wanted to ask: are you feeling any psychological benefits? When I did my fast, I remember around day #5 I suddenly started feeling an amazing sort of euphoria. Like suddenly the world was a wonderful place and everything made sense and I could fix the universe's problems. This lasted for a long time.

I've never met anyone who's fasted 5 days or more, so I've never been able to compare notes with anyone before. This is really cool. In addition to your daily juice regimen, please post anything else noteworthy, like attitude, physical benefits or even spiritual revelations.

Woohoo nice job!

·
Registered
592 Posts
*joins in the qf cheering committee*

woof woof woof woof woof

Yeah, I remember the spacey, tired period too. It happens right around day 3, but like you said, once you make it over the hump it's party time!

About the lack of oil & dry hair, yeppers I got that too. Try adding a Tbsp of olive oil to your Bugs Bunny cocktail (luv the name). Or how bout a "poorman's gazpacho" - tomato juice & olive oil.

Hooray for day #5. Hallucinogenic euphoria just ahead!!

·
Registered
592 Posts
WOW MEGA HOORAY CONGRATS QUEENFLUFF!

And be sure to give your bf hell for being such a lame slacker

I think you actually experienced the "euphoria" I had talked about earlier. Basically you go from feeling like utter crapsville (day 3-4) to "wow this feels pretty cool!" It's physical, but it's also mental, driven by the realization that you've done something that few human beings can do. And you sure did. Congrats again, and thanks for posting such a detailed account of the experience. Hopefully it'll encourage other VBers to give it a shot (myself included). Have fun on the nude beach
I bet you've got some great abs to show off!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenfluff View Post

Also I have some hearing loss and I swear I can hear a little bit better (either that or my brain is just a lot clearer and it pays more attention to things) - I would fast for months if it could restore my hearing! One thing I wish I had gotten rid of but hadn't is the tinnitus I have in my left ear - although it definatley seems to be decreased alot ( it comes and goes from being loud than almost non-existant) because I read that a woman got rid of hers on the fifth day of her fast.
No way! All this time I thought the hearing benefits were just a coincidence with me. Back in my teens I went to way too many Ozzy concerts, and I developed a nasty ringing in my ears. I remember my juice fast was the turning point. I still hear a slight whistle once in a while, but that might just be my computer hard drive... i dunno.

And I'm just giving your bf a hard time
3 days is quite an accomplishment itself. Kudos all around!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yah, what's RFT? I'd love to read more about people's experiences. Mine didn't include actual hearing loss; it was just an annoying whine overtop everything. It was also accompanied by frequent headaches which may have been due to high blood pressure (yeah, I was a mess).

I can't attribute my recovery solely to the juice fast, because it may have been due to my overall lifestyle changes. But definitely the juice fast was the first time I noticed results. I have a lot of faith in the human body's ability to repair itself, so I bet even 20-year-long tinnitus can be overcome.

PS DelicGrape, yep all my bloody marys were homemade. In fact I use the term bloody mary very loosely. It was basically tomato sauce, olive juice and as splash of gin for fun. Not what I'd call "healthy", but hey... it was liquid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts