VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...so that I can shut up about changing my diet.

Srsly.

I had my second child last year and haven't lost the weight. After the reviews on amazon, I bought Eat to Live. I consumed it almost overnight. Then read The China Study. Then Forks Over Knives, the 21 day vegan kickstart, the kind diet, food revolution, food inc... etc etc.

Halfway through The China Study I decided to make the switch. My mother suffered a stroke and though it was a small one, it scared all of us.

I'm now in college to become an R.D.

My 1 year old is a vegetarian and I'm working on my 3 year old. I feel she may be too young to be told about dairy but she busts me every time I try and make a switch "Mom... this is coconut milk, isn't it?" lol

My husband isn't swayed yet... but he's getting there. He's seen an enormous change in me... in a WEEK. I've lost 7 lbs, I've gained more energy and my previous gastro issues (For three years at least I've thrown up once a week... not tied to any specific food that I could trace it to) are completely gone.

I feel better. Not just more energy and lighter, but morally, I feel better.

We have some grassfed beef that I bought about 6 mos ago in the freezer and my husband is trying to eat it on his own.... I cooked it for him yesterday and all I could see were those poor cows described in the books. It didn't even smell good like it used to. Blech.

I signed up for the 21 day kickstart with PCRM but I'm so happy to have people to talk to!

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Haha that's wonderful, and welcome

·
Give peas a chance
1,715 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts