VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A VEGAN RESTAURANT/STORE!

Well it wasn't exactly a restaurant, but it had food. For those of you also in Ohio it was The Web Of Life in Westlake. I was really excited, because I've never been to an entire vegan place!
Anyways, I got some good food there, a falafel roll-up, sweet potato fries, and for dessert, baklava!

I wish I lived closer to it though!

I just thought this deserved it's own thread!

Has anyone been there? When was everyones first time at a vegan place? LOL

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Westlake is in the Cleveland area.

Don't be jealous, I don't live close to it, so I won't be able to go there often as I would like.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I went to a great vegetarian place in Krakow, Poland. They do excellent food. It's not vegan, but it's good.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Piglet,

That's an awesome thing! I was looking for a good place for my aunt and I to go out to eat at for our birthday meal (we were both born on May 24). She lives in Eastlake, though, so I'd probably have to drive up to her house and then we go to Westlake. Hmm... now the question is this-- would she enjoy it since she thinks the only food to eat is meat, and plant foods are an unfortunate occassional neccessity? Would she even consent to going there?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Lucky you

there are vegan restaurants around here but that takes the fun out of cooking so I don;t go there. Most stores still sell meat and dairy and other things like that.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Skylark,

What kinds of food does your aunt like, because they have a pretty wide selection.

BTW, they had some very good looking desserts.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
piglet,

She is definitely all about dessert! Most of the time we go some place that has mostly food she likes, such as Bennigans. Those are the places that have a veggie burger and not much else for me to eat. It's about time we went some place that caters to ME for once!

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i went to an all vegan and organic restaurant once, the food was umm.. ok, but really overpriced for the small portions. and the cake was stale

i briefly went into this health food store once that had a deli in it. they had all kinds of hot vegan food, i so wanted to buy some but didn't bring money and had no time. we were on a mission to pick something up for someone for one of the bike races. i'll probably never be in that town again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts