VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
238,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sooooo happy today. I finally did it!!!! I didn't drink on a holiday. Wooo! And the biggest drinking one yet. I had a 100% sober New Years. It was great. Just me and my bf playing Guitar Hero's II - which rocks and is more addictive than crack by the way.
I feel wonderful today. I think I'll go for a walk in the park with the dogs and do something healthy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congratulations! I'm not really sure what else to say, since I don't know your history (although your screen name and tagline would indicate that this is very important to you!) other than I hope you keep it up, and you have my best wishes.

·
Registered
29,962 Posts
Way to go! It sounds like it's going to be the start of a good year for Ruthie!

Yay 2007!

·
Registered
11,753 Posts

Way to go girl!!!!

What a way to set the tone for the upcomming year- Good job!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
good for you.

i was at a party, so i had about a bit to drink - about 4/5 glasses of various alcopops.

on top of that though, i had about 8 glasses of water, 6 nuts, and a plateful of pizza so i was still completely sober, but ended up bloated and with indigestion...

·
Registered
238,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaron View Post

Congratulations! I'm not really sure what else to say, since I don't know your history (although your screen name and tagline would indicate that this is very important to you!) other than I hope you keep it up, and you have my best wishes.
Thanks to everyone.

I've battle boozed for a very long time...26 years now? Yeah, something like that. Anyhow, I'm in stage 2 liver fibrosis so it was either quit or die. I pick life..it wasn't easy at first though. It's been since October 21 since I last had a drink. If I can survive my dad passing in November and the holidays I believe I can stay sober through anything.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.