VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I ate mostly raw. I had three bananas a mango, a lot of cherries an orange and some Ezikel bread with peanut butter. The produce was reduced to a dollar each at Kroger. I was soooo happy about the cherries! I was really expecting to be starving like crazy and I am not! When I get home I plan on making a smoothie with the lettuce I got (also a dollar) some spinach and tomatoes. Maybe this won't be so hard afterall. The fact that I am not ravenous is astounding. Does this happen to any other raw food folk? Do you find you're not hungry as often?

·
Registered
45 Posts
At first I didn't have much of an appetite, but it started increasing as I kept up with the raw food diet. I've since switched back to just vegetarianism

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Just an fyi Ezekiel bread and peanut butter aren't raw but good job. That's pretty healthy!

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
I tried a raw food diet for two weeks between Nov/Dec 2010, and i had no problems feeling hungry, infact i sometimes couldn't eat the amount i wanted to because i was too full.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktormartini View Post

Just an fyi Ezekiel bread and peanut butter aren't raw but good job. That's pretty healthy!
I know those things aren't raw, but they are making the transition really easy. I really cannot remember the last time I ate veggies or fruit on purpose! LOL! I am really enjoying this! My hunger is down, my energy is up and I feel really good. Since I ditched meat, I have almost no body odor either! Since going raw (almost raw), I have noticed that what I used to think of as hunger, was really not true physical hunger, just cravings. The past three days, I have been eating only when physically hungry. This has really opened my eyes to how may times I ate just to eat. Food was a comfort and a recreaction, not fuel. This transition into raw vegan won't be immediately perfect, but half of the fun is the journey, not the destination. My body is loving the live, fresh food! The past two nights, I could barely sleep but have so much energy! I haven't felt like this since my 30's! This is going to be such an awesome, worthwhile process.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I find that a really nice raw food meal will fill me up AND I'll stay full longer. We've been making lots of "pastas" (spiralled zucchini noodles) and lots of "pizzas" as well as some pretty great shakes. I definitely fill up, LOVE the flavourful food, and stay full longer!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was hardly even hungry today, had my yerba mate mint tea with chia seeds, coconut oil, tumeric, and spirulina. I love this drink, it keeps me full for a while, then I had 3 small banana, blueberry pancakes dehydrated with maca root, cacoa nibs, and chia seeds. YUMMY I never measure, just go by eye. For lunch at 2 I had a small flax seed cracker that I made with hemp seeds and sea weed ( dehydrated of course) with mushrooms that were marinated in braggs aminos. For dinner a green smoothie. I love what I eat, my family does not eat what I do, but I fel really good and I am getting rid of my cancer it is worth the little bit of work. some of you might think I am over the top , but I feel great and can not wait for the summer to grow more vegetables than ever!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
be careful with trying to balance out the fruits and vegetables, try some seeds and raw nuts as well. It is a hard thing to balance your flora, so the kombucha is great for you as well. Good luck with things, keep in touch

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raw gaia mom View Post

some of you might think I am over the top , but I feel great and can not wait for the summer to grow more vegetables than ever!!!
You're not over the top at all!! I admire you! I love that you are taking your health into your own hands and with no apologies!!

Cheers to you with my green smoothie!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
just made a juice of carrots celery cucumber parsely and 1 apple and ginger with some lemon, so good, then 2 hours later a papaya smoothie with banana and 1 clemintine with some yucuma powder and spirulina, wow what power in these drinks! I just read about papaya and all its benefits, wow did not know all of these awesome things, first all the enzymes, cancer, diabetes, macular degeneration, skin problems, also should be used if you have to rake antibiotics. Very helpful info for me. I love the internet for ecucational reasons and to make contacts with wonderful people on the same page as I am. Stay in touch

1 - 12 of 12 Posts