VeggieBoards banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents are always being nosy, trying to get in my buisness, and trying to boss me around. i know that they are only doing it because they care and I think my mom was worried about me. But i just want them to leave me alone. They think they are helping but they are just making me aggravated. i have told them many times how i feel but i always end up hurting their feelings because i get mad. i dont want to make them upset or hurt their feelings. i just want them to leave me alone and let me live my life. what can i do or say to get my point across without hurting them ?

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
1. Find out what they are worried about<br><br>
2. reassure them they have little reason to worry about such things.<br><br>
3. Save as much money as you can and try to increase your earnings as much as possible, and reassure them that you are doing the best you can, to prepare ahead of time, in case they should need skilled nursing care in the future.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Some parents never stop butting in. Unfortunately, as long as they hold the purse strings, their may be little you can do. Some parents, even if you explain in a calm and reasonable manner, will still be annoying and butt-inski's.<br><br><br><br>
So keep the faith that you will get older and as you do, you will have more and more freedom to live your life the way you want. patience is my only answer, sadly.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Well, I am a parent of two teenage boys - 15 & 17. I get along quite well with them, but they do say that I am over-protective.<br><br>
They say this because I limit computer time and I want them to call and let me know where they are going to be. I let them have quite a bit of freedom, I think...the 17 year old has been to two concerts (that caused him to miss school) I had a lot more trouble with my oldest, a daughter.<br><br>
I think parents have the right to "boss you around" as long as they are legally and financially responsible for you.<br><br>
I didn't read the book, but a friend told me about it...it is titled:<br><br>
"Stay out of my life and take me to the mall." I think that is what you are asking your parents to do...I don't think too many parents are willing to do that.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I guess the big question is what are they worried about? Can you show them that they have no reason to worry? like, if they're worried about you staying out too late or that kind of thing, can you show them that you can handle whatever it is they interfere about...i dunno...parents mostly don't want their kids to get hurt, but sometimes their concern can feel overwhelming...hang in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts