VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may just be me being overprotective, but I am still concerned. My Jack Russell's left eye has a bit of watery stuff coming out of it, and areas around her eye are stained pink, like at the corner and under it. I am not sure how serious this is. Does it sound serious? I mean, it doesn't irritate her or anything.

·
Registered
791 Posts
When my dog first got an eye infection, I took her to the vet and she got lots of medicine and ointments and such. Took days for it to clear up and the ointments made her face all gunky. The next time she got an infection, I put some colloidal silver in her eye several times a day. It was gone the next day. Love the stuff.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I'm pretty uptight about eyes, I'd hate for my animal to lose his/her eye because I didn't take her to the vet in a timely manner. That said one of our cats will have symptoms similar to what you're describing at least once a month. The vet told us she is probably mildly allergic to something and that unless it doesn't go away after a few days we shouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
it could be conjuctivitis (pink eye--and no, you can't get it from your dog--i get that question all the time at my work). It could be a scratched cornea. Either way, it's probably not super serious, but should probably be seen by a dr. within the next few days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.