VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im so pleased. I usually ruin everything I touch - foodwise. But not tonight! I made linguini pasta with lots of veggies and roasted garlic. I cant believe it turned out. I should have taken a picture of it!

I cut the tops off of three heads of garlic, poured a bit of EVOO on them, sprinkled a bit of salt and pepper, wrapped em in foil and stuck it all in the oven on 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. The whole house smelled yummy. My husband said the smell made him sick and went upstairs. Oh well. More for me.

When the garlic was done, I dumped a bag of frozen veggables in a skillet and heated it up. The veggies were broccoli, red/yellow/green peppers, asparagus, spinich and garlic sprouts (?) Garlic something anyways.
Then while the noodles were cooking I squeezed out the garlic cloves and squished up about half of them into the cooking vegetables. I added a tiny bit more salt and some pepper.

By this time, the noodles were perfect and so I ate. Happy ending.

For dessert I had some banana/tofu pudding I made a couple of days ago with a ginger cookie and a blob of "whipped cream" I threw in some almonds (which were the best part haha)

I just wanted to thank everyone here for being so supportive during the switch from vegetarian to nearly vegan. The meal I ate tonight was vegan. Its so helpful and inspiring to come here and see what everyone else is eating. And Im a terrible cook. So I was extra pleased when this actually worked out. Thanks again

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Because she ate olive oil?

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Tell us more about the banana-tofu pudding.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Ah.

Opened my eyes are.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Your menu sounds delicious. I am a terrible cook too so you are giving me inspiration. I'd like to know more about that banana-tofu pudding too! Please!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Who is Rachel Ray?

I made the tofu pudding from a recipe in the desserts forum. Gimmie a few minutes and Ill find it

Pudding Recipe

I just changed it a bit and put in a few bananas instead. It was okay - but I think next time Ill use silken tofu for a more desirable texture. Yum! Pudding!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahhhh!! Ive seen her on magazines etc. I didnt know she said "evoo" - Ive been saying it for years LOL. Its just shorter that way! I abbreviate everything though hehe. Sorry that was annoying to you; I didnt even realize anyone "famous" said it.

(just did a search..)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yummy!

I love garlic...

I once cooked some dinner for my boyfriend and I am used to LOADS of fresh garlic in my food, and he wasn't. So when he ate it he made a face and spit it out. I wasn't offended, he was just shocked by the strong garlickey taste!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts