VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a vegan for 4-years and, my family is against me as a vegan. They always say the vegan diet can't make me healthy. Now my dental health has become weak. So everyone is asking me to eat non-veg, which I don't want to eat. I know that being a vegan is also healthy, but I want to improve my dental health. On the internet, I saw many diets for improving my dental health but wanted to know more about the type of diet I should follow to take care of my dents.

·
Registered
5 Posts
More mineral rich food will help (especially Magnesium, Copper, Zinc, etc...) What is probably happening is that carbohydrates or any food that is low in minerals or acidic are drawing minerals out of your body and the first place that problem shows up is wear on the teeth or tooth sensitivity. I don't recommend supplements unless they are whole food supplements. Eating animal foods probably won't help except perhaps raw organic egg yolks or bee products, so don't be afraid to stick to your vegan diet because there is not really any obvious benefit from eating meat or dairy. Rinse with clean water if you have sensitivity. If you have problem areas in your mouth get Neem Oil into those areas to get rid of infections. A Don Croft Parasite Zapper can also help. If you want to keep it really simple search for the plant foods that are highest in Magnesium that you enjoy because if you are going to make a change you want it to be easy to stick to. Good luck, I too had this issue long ago from eating too much sweet fruit and not balancing it with mineral rich superfoods.

·
Super Moderator
8,960 Posts
I have been a vegan for 4-years and, my family is against me as a vegan. They always say the vegan diet can't make me healthy. Now my dental health has become weak. So everyone is asking me to eat non-veg, which I don't want to eat. I know that being a vegan is also healthy, but I want to improve my dental health. On the internet, I saw many diets for improving my dental health but wanted to know more about the type of diet I should follow to take care of my dents.
Animal products don't lead to good dental health, their absence doesn't worsen dental health.
Eat calcium rich dark greens
Rinse with water after eating acidic foods, coffee, teas. Don't brush for 30 minutes after. I brush before my coffee.
Use a water pik, floss, electric toothbrush is helpful
Get good cleanings

·
Registered
49 Posts
What does "my dental health has become weak" mean? You have cavities? An infection? Loss of enamel? Receding gums?

Have you seen a dentist, or are you just guessing about what's going on? If you haven't see a dentist, go. Don't pay attention to people on the internet who aren't dentists.

Are your family members dentists? Then don't listen to them either.

Once I asked my dentist what the WORST foods for our teeth are, other than the obvious like letting a hard candy dissolve in your mouth. He said...beef jerky. It's stringy, it gets in between your teeth, it's hard to floss out. Anyway. See a dentist.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I strongly agree with silva. Those are excellent points. If you feel like you can't get enough greens for some reason, raw organic Cacao is just as good for your teeth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts