VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
My younger brother and I are a year apart, and we were pretty much raised as twins, and there was never really any rivalry or competition between us like there was with me and my two older brothers. A couple of years ago, Aaron (my younger brother) and I grew really distant, and I didn't notice until one day my mom told me to try to pay more attention to him, because he was diagnosed with clinical depression and she said he told his psychiatrist he felt really lonely sometimes. I started including him in things a lot more often, and now he and I are closer than we ever were.

I think the key is to not try to make your relationship with your brother like it was, but try to just start from scratch. Find out the sort of things he's into, and try to incorporate those things into conversation. My brother really likes it when I invite him to join my friends and I when we go to the arcade or to go see movies. Since he's younger (but not by much) he sort of resented being treated like a brother, and prefers to be treated as a friend.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts