1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyfugle View Post

i got some new cereal yesterday, so this was my brekkie and lunch:
Very elaberate!

Actually, I think I try to hard to eat something "fancy" sometimes, and find myself longing for simple rice and beans or salad or cerial or peanut butter and jelly... sometimes it's just nice to have something simple!

·
Banned
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, you're right it is a bit elaborate. I would make this for myself once in a while, It would be on a paper plate except for the syrup, 6 out of 7 day my breakfast is usually hot or cold cereal. Most Sundays I make panckes or waffle at least. And made them for many years for my family on Sunday. (omini of course). But now My menu is Vegan, so I don't get many takers.

I took the pic. for us to share.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Vegan Joe, I'm hiring you as my breakfast chef.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i love treats, so does my son, soy butter, homemade jam on marble rye toast (or whole sprouted grain bread- flourless) as quicky works for us w/banana... how about a nice warm slice of apple pie w/whole wheat crust. as long as i know what's in it and it's all good, it's breakfast. i slip th good stuff into cookies for my non-veg sweetie. they think they're being bad, but we love them for it and smile while they eat.

·
Banned
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlien View Post

How do you make your pancakes so perfectly round?
They are not that round. The plate, the angle, the syrup all help to make them appear round.

I use an old ice cream scoop to drop the batter on the pan, then use the edge of the scooper to push the batter around a little to make it as round as possible.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.