VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all<br><br>
Dilemma - i've got a huge week (especially the next 36 hours or so), in terms of work that i have to do. I've got two short stories to write for my prospective university, they've to be in very soon indeed. I do have a problem though, over the last few days i've been unable to lift or energise myself, i'm not sure why this is. I eat a reasonably, healthy diet and have recently ensured that i have a nutritious breakfast everyday in the hope that this was the root of such an irksome condition.<br><br>
I was wondering if you could be so kind as to enlighten me as to where i may be going wrong.Is a sugar-rush my only option? Any diagnoses would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
this is all pretty vague, but in general stress can cause a bunch of health issues. If you are under stress or are preparing to be under stress it is a good idea to eliminate as much as possible. stress relievers are exercise (especially yoga), meditation, talking with friends, reading, etc...<br><br>
also drink lots of water, and green smoothies always give me a boost of energy, maybe try adding those to your diet

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Sounds to me like good old fashioned teenage lathargy!<br><br>
Sometimes I feel really lathargic if I've not had anything to do for a day or two, and I just sort of get into a lathargic mindset. I make sure I wake up early, shower, eat breakfast, and basicly treat the day as if I had to get up and go to uni (or school, or work, or whatever), because that's a routine that gets me awake. I also find exersise really helps, 30mins vigerous areobics, a quick shower, and I feel really mentally awake (also physically knackered mind you!).<br><br>
I wouldn't reccomend a sugar rush, because I don't see what it would really acheive - I'm not sure a sugard up state of mind is really conducive for decent work. I guess you know yourself best - are you the sort of person to avoid work, or to get too stressed about work to do decent work, etc? If you often avoid work, try sitting down in a room that isn't your bedroom/wherever you chill out (ie: the dining room usually worked for me when I was at home), in quiet, with nothing to distract you. If you get stressed easily, work in 20min intervals with 5 miniute breaks to have a cup of tea, do some reading, or whatever relaxes you.<br><br>
Goodluck! Oh and also - stay off of veggieboards! Easy time waster haha (unless it's inbetween work for breaks).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts