VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get your mind out of the gutter, guys :p

I was on the phone to him just now, and we were talking about a few things, like how our days were and I started to wonder aloud what I should have for dinner. We got on to a conversation about food, I mentioned I needed to get hold of some vegan worcestershire sauce, he asked what was in it, I told him anchovies so it wasn't even vegetarian. He said "guess I won't be using it after we live together". I asked why not; I've never said anything to him about changing his diet, I've never said anything about a meat-free home when we start living together this summer, and he's never voiced much of an interest in changing either. But he told me that when we move in together he's going to try going vegetarian, and even if he can't manage it all the time we're having a veggie house

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
That's what we do here, too.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Your bf rocks just for even thinking of joining the veg team
I am really happy for you!!
Im jealous now :p My bf still asks sometimes to buy him meat when i'm grocery shopping for myself :/ meh.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryFairy View Post

Get your mind out of the gutter, guys :p

I was on the phone to him just now, and we were talking about a few things, like how our days were and I started to wonder aloud what I should have for dinner. We got on to a conversation about food, I mentioned I needed to get hold of some vegan worcestershire sauce, he asked what was in it, I told him anchovies so it wasn't even vegetarian. He said "guess I won't be using it after we live together". I asked why not; I've never said anything to him about changing his diet, I've never said anything about a meat-free home when we start living together this summer, and he's never voiced much of an interest in changing either. But he told me that when we move in together he's going to try going vegetarian, and even if he can't manage it all the time we're having a veggie house
That's so great! You're a very lucky veg! My partner is actually doing the same thing. He is an omni, and we are moving in together in September. Without a question he agreed to living in a completely vegan household. I would never ask him to change hi diet, but for him to be so open and willing to live completely vegan while in our home is so thoughtful.

Congrats!

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
I'm happy for you! What a sweet guy.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
That is awesome!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm just amazed at how completely out-of-the-blue it was. I've never tried to change him, it just didn't seem like his thing, and his anxiety disorder makes eating difficult for him as it is. But he said that he thinks he feels better on veggie food anyway. And when a friend of mine went veggie a few weeks ago, my boy said he saw how happy I was and decided that he wanted to make me that happy <3

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryFairy View Post

And when a friend of mine went veggie a few weeks ago, my boy said he saw how happy I was and decided that he wanted to make me that happy <3
^ I think that's my favorite part! That is really awesome, for many reasons. Obviously because he's going to try to be veggie, and support having a veggie home. But I love that YOU didn't try to change him. HE decided it, and that is key. Yay for both of you

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
awesome....hippie for you guys

peace

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
That's awesome. This story makes me happy. =)
My boyfriend has his ups and downs with the veg thing. Mostly very supportive, but occasionally has down moments making unnecessary comments about my food.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts