VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have frequent bouts of Binge-Eating Disorder that usually come when I get happy or excited about something. Today, I was doing so good with eating until I found out I got a high score on a major exam I'd just taken... this may have been good, but it WASN'T good about what I did to celebrate... well, it happened to be that the seniors had donuts in the classroom for a fundraiser for the football team, so I ate... *gulp*... I ate SIX OF THEM
, SIX, and now i feel really regretful... I like feeling happy and excited about things, but I hate it when I just "let myself go" to celebrate and not care because I am so happy!

I am not overweight but I do know that I will get that way if I keep on doing this. I have only had BED for about 6 months and have put on 15 lbs within those months from all my bingeing. I usually binge on high calorie pastires and chocolate bars... and it's only when i get happy that I do this! I really hate it... I only developed BED when I got OUT of my anorexia athletica, went from 92 lbs with a BMI of 17 to 120... now I am scared about my struggle to control my eating and my weight.

Anyways, this post was about how I felt about what I'd just done in third hour... I feel sick from all the donuts

·
Registered
336 Posts
I eat allot of junk food when I'm bored, like you do when you're happy. Try occupying yourself with other things. Talk to someone, go for a run, whatever. I run every night. Yesterday I had nachos and two slices of apple pie at the same time. I didn't feel sick, but I felt horrible about it. ^^"" (I'd been waiting for a prescription to be filled so I killed time…) I went for a run in the rain later and felt so much better about myself. (And then had some veggie soup to put something good in my stomach!)

Try finding something that makes you feel good about yourself to keep from eating so much or throwing-up when you do. Think about what you're doing to your body! In the long run, 6 donuts is nothing compared to a screwed up stomach/esophagus lining. Good luck, and don't give up!
*hug*

·
Registered
0 Posts
I agree with ai_08, try to find something to replace that activity. I struggle with that sometimes, too, if it helps to know you're not alone.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Much like ai_08 I am a binger when I get bored so I buy pickles and Freez-E-Pops for late nights when I want something quick. I have had nights when I've eaten an entire jar of Polish Dill Spears but I don't feel bad about it ... 'cause they're just pickles. ^_^

·
American Made, Rebel Born
6,473 Posts
take up knitting. i don't know, i have anorexia and i smoke. alot. it's the oral fixation for me, so instead of eating tons i just have an appetite curbing cigarette. oh i shouldnt be posting this.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenickie View Post

take up knitting. i don't know, i have anorexia and i smoke. alot. it's the oral fixation for me, so instead of eating tons i just have an appetite curbing cigarette. oh i shouldnt be posting this.
I like you a lot

·
6,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucine View Post

I like you a lot
weird, i thought we'd hate each other based on a couple of your first posts.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenickie View Post

weird, i thought we'd hate each other based on a couple of your first posts.
I can't remember that!

And I never really take note of the name of the person that pisses me off
... I don't ever hold grudges, I am a very forgiving person...

·
6,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucine View Post

I can't remember that!

And I never really take note of the name of the person that pisses me off
... I don't ever hold grudges, I am a very forgiving person...
oh no, it was another user. some of his posts make me laugh and think 'oh, i used to be so naive..' i have yet to come out and confront him, im waiting to see if someone else does it, but before long i might have to raise some hell.

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
my binging's always been caused by trying to restrict. Have you been restricting your eating unhealthily?

otherwise, staying busy and talking help me.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescas View Post

It doesnt have to be unhealthy though..Mine is 16 and Im happy and healthy.

I know that. But the idea of someone with an ED judging their own weight as being healthy when it is way beyond the normal healthy weight still seems a little alarming. And eating in celebration doesn't seem that terrible to me. I just think the OP needs to think a little more carefully about whether this is really binge eating or whether that's just her perception of it. I know 6 doughnuts isn't exactly balanced but I'm sure I've overdone it more than that a few times and probably everyone I know has, too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I really only do this when im stoned. I ate 4 huge orders of fries once. Then I also ate like 5 bowls of tuna salad ( when I wasn't veg).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.