VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's something about the cooling temperatures that makes me crave hard pretzels dipped in spicy mustard.
I used to love a yellow horseradish mustard, but I can't seem to find it anymore. What are your favorite kinds of mustard? Do you like grainy or smooth, yellow or Dijon? Can anyone recommend a sweet/spicy vegan mustard?

Does anyone else put mustard in their baked beans?

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
^^^ Yikes! I thought mustard WAS vegan?!....... Then again, I haven't had it for a long time... probably since before I headed on toward veganism. I can't remember reading a mustard jar label, anyway.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
I've actually been sick of mustard lately.
I used to love it, but for the majority of the time that I was vegan, I had no access to vegan mayonnaise and substituted mustard for mayonnaise in everything I ate. I even subbed it for butter with some things, too, and I put it on everything, so now I'm a bit sick of it.

I love Dijon, though! I only recently discovered this. I went to Red Robin one day and had a Boca burger. There was some sort of creamy sauce on it, and it reminded me of mayonnaise or ranch in consistency and taste and I figured it had to have dairy and/or eggs. Then I looked up the menu on my phone and realized that it was a Country Dijon, and I asked my mom what that was and she said that it's vegan, it's just mustard. So I'm going to buy some of this and start putting it on my burgers now. As an omni I always used mayonnaise on sandwiches and things, I was addicted, but going without it as a vegan makes me not even like it much as a lacto-ovo vegetarian. I use vegenaise sometimes since it's a bit sweeter than mayonnaise, but I still prefer mustard to it now, I just try not to use mustard as abundantly.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tom - most mustard is definitely vegan. The ones I meant were the sweet spicy ones that usually have honey in them.

·
Registered
961 Posts
i like guldens mustard. mm the first time i had it was in disney world and i was afraid i wouldnt be able to find it in pa. i did

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I use Woeber's horseradish mustard now on sandwiches- love it! Or a dijon in chickpea salads.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
nothing to add....just be part of the mustard luvvvv.....I luvvvv mustard and eat it on all kinds of things....

Peace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.