VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a newbie, I've got tons to learn about veggies. I plan to read some nutrition/recipe books this weekend. I've heard that broccoli is one of the few veggies that has an almost complete list of vitamins in it. What other vegetables do you think that we MUST include in our diets?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Asparagus! I never ate it until about a year ago! I just steam it for 5 minutes add some lemon & butter(if ya eat it) and get ta munchin!
Also mushrooms,mushrooms,mushrooms! I had an entire can last night! And lots of beans! I would advise getting alot of cookbooks so you don't get bored with the same thing. I have about 5 cookbooks just for veggies!

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
Mmm...I love tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, broccolli, and green beans - green beans are AWESOME raw if you've never tried them. And spinach is really good in salad.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Mmmmm....spinach, broccoli, potatoes, corn, carrots, onions, green beans, endamame, asparagus, tomatoes(yeah, yeah, a fruit), cucumbers. radishes, mushrooms, I could go on, but now I'm hungry!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I love all veggies and I really have been getting into Hummus lately
I like to make a root vegetable roast and I love mushrooms. I like to make veggie burgers and saute some shrooms and onions, layer with lettuce and tomatoes.....

MMMMMMMMMMM!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I like almost all veggies except for mushrooms and potatoes (I know, I'm weird), but for nutrition I try to eat something dark green and something orange/red every day, plus any other veggies I'm eating that day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.