VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm feeling nostalgic today after hearing an old song on the radio and though this might be fun.

Your musical first (obviously not all is applicable to everyone):

First Album: Thriller/Michael Jackson

First Cassette Tape: Master of Puppets/Metallica

First CD: The Beatles Live at the BBC

(8 tracks and mp3's are welcome, I'm not old enough to remember the groovy 70's and I've downloaded so much stuff that my mp3 collection is just a beautiful blur.)

·
Registered
69 Posts
First Album: Diesel and Dust - Midnight Oil
First Cassette: Whitesnake - Whitesnake
First CD: Bat Out of Hell - Meatloaf
First MP3: Keep Holding On -Avril Levine

That's for one's I actually bought. When I was little I had a bunch of kids stuff on mostly 78 that my dad had as a kid. No 8 tracks though.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I can't remember for sure, but I'm sure it was something wicked awesome like:

OR

I'm pretty sure my first 'single' (remember those??) I bought was "Walking on the Sun" by Smash Mouth, on cassette.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

I can't remember for sure, but I'm sure it was something wicked awesome like:

OR

I'm pretty sure my first 'single' (remember those??) I bought was "Walking on the Sun" by Smash Mouth, on cassette.
spice girls, classy!

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
first real music cassette tape: Debbie Gibson (Yes I will now hang my head in shame). Actually I didn't buy that many cassette tapes because I just bought blank tapes and waited for hours next to the radio for them to play songs I liked so I could record them that way.
first cd: Candlebox

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
First Album: Bob Dylan's Blonde on Blonde (I wasn't alive in the '60s, but this was my first vinyl purchase, a few years ago
)

First Cassette Tape: Hanson's Middle of Nowhere

First CD: No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

first real music cassette tape: Debbie Gibson (Yes I will now hang my head in shame). Actually I didn't buy that many cassette tapes because I just bought blank tapes and waited for hours next to the radio for them to play songs I liked so I could record them that way.
first cd: Candlebox
The old fashioned days of piracy! I used to do this AND record myself singing these one hit wonders of the 90's. I thought I was a hot sh*t...haha

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
First Cassette Tape: I think it was Ace of Base: The Sign

First CD: Either Ace of Base (The Sign) or The Eagles (I don't remember which CD, but it was gray and had the record on it).

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeannem View Post

First Album: Bob Dylan's Blonde on Blonde (I wasn't alive in the '60s, but this was my first vinyl purchase, a few years ago
)
My parents still have their record of Blonde on Blonde from the '60s. I nicked it from them. "Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands" is all scratched up though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.