VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my favorite new dishes to make! So versatile. I usually make it the first day over egg noodles, served with a side salad, and garlic artisan bread. It keeps well in the frig for about a week but you could freeze it for later uses as well. It can be served over rice or over toasted 12 grain bread as you see here in this pic. Yummmmo!

• tofu
  • sliced mushrooms
  • orginal flavor almond milk (omit this if you use canned cream of mushroom)
  • sliced onion
  • olive oil
  • sour cream(I like Tofutti "Better than Sourcream")
  • "beef" broth
  • white wine and sherry or burgandy
  • flour
  • salt, pepper, bay leaf, and garlic powder
Prepare your "cream of mushroom by mixing almond milk with pureed mushrooms, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. You can do this by hand or with a blender. I like to do it with a blender because it gives it a thicker texture. Set aside.

Take previously frozen and thawed and pressed firm tofu out and slice it up in medium-thin strips. About an inch and a half is what I do. Blot excess water with a paper towel and dust with flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Put tofu in frig for about 15 minutes.

Preheat oven to 360 and put the tofu in a foiled greased pan. Cook to your desired firmness/crispiness, stirring often.

While tofu is cooking, sautee mushroom and onion in oil and white wine, (add as much as you like). Add your "beef" broth, crm of mushroom, burgandy or sherry wine (which ever you prefer), and bay leaf. Let simmer for about 15 minutes. Then add in the cooked tofu and let it simmer for about 10 minutes longer. Remove bay leaf and stir in "sour cream".

If you need a thicker consistency add in some flour or cornstarch. Be sure to mix it with a bit of cold water first, don't just add it to the mixture.

Taste as you are cooking! :) Salt and pepper the end result to your taste.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
YUM!!!! thanks for sharing. You're cranking out the good recipes lately, lady!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got my creative energy back today! I ♥ food. :) I hope you try it and love it!!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I loooooved beef stroganoff! I shall attempt to replicate this recipe ASAP! Thanks for posting it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts