VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lose fat but also gain muscle so I can have muscle defenition on my arms legs etc. I was wondering if I should take soy protein shakes in order to build muscle. I really don't know what to eat because I also want to lose fat, I think I'm pretty muscular already and I do have some muscle definition but with fat. What should I do? eat less to lose the fat? or keep working out but increase protein intake? please help, I'm very confused. I don't know why the fat just won't go away, I've always been pretty sproty and strong but there's always extra fat.

xoxo

·
Registered
441 Posts
are you strength training? when you do, it will burn the fat and build muscle. more muscle = less fat (you'll burn it faster).

too much protein is unhealthy - how much are you currently getting? you should rely on 'real' foods, and not a protein supplement.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
If your aren't body building (unhealthy!) you hardly need extra protein. To build up muscles you need exercise. Let's say don't try gaining muscle with an extra low protein diet. As laurie15 pointed out, too much protein is unhealthy. Most people are too concerned about not getting enough protein. If you follow a normal caloric, diverse diet you'll get enough protein.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.