VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Compassion Over Killing is launching a 30-second ad on MTV this November in favor of Vegetarianism.

You can go to the link and read more about the ad and even watch it.

I am excited about the ad and hope that it touches peoples life and gets them thinking about going toward vegetarianism or veganism.

http://www.cok.net/camp/mtv/

·
Registered
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krista82 View Post

I am excited about the ad and hope that it touches peoples lives and gets them thinking about going toward vegetarianism or veganism.

http://www.cok.net/camp/mtv/
I am too, but I am also worried that this might spark some sort of nationwide "trend" to be vegetarian or vegan. I'd hate to see kids getting into it and then phasing out of it 2-5 years down the road when the campaign is no longer televised on mainstream channels such as MTV and everyone goes back to their old eating habits.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropdeaddale View Post

I am too, but I am also worried that this might spark some sort of nationwide "trend" to be vegetarian or vegan. I'd hate to see kids getting into it and then phasing out of it 2-5 years down the road when the campaign is no longer televised on mainstream channels such as MTV and everyone goes back to their old eating habits.
2 - 5 years of reduced suffering?

yes please.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I figure if it at least gets the youth to cut down on their consumption of animal products that is a start. Anything we can do for the animals is good. And who knows, maybe their commitment will turn into a life long commitment to being a vegetarian or vegan. You never know the impact of something like a leaflet, commercial, t-shirt, bumper sticker, etc. If it gets anyone to be veg, then that's still worth it I think.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hey, I HATE MTV, but what a way to get through to the youth. I'm all for it. I wish veg*anism was seen as cool, so we can get more people eating as ethical as they can...even if they go back to omni after the trend dies down, a great number will stay with it from learning more about it.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
I couldn't get the video to play, but it sounds like a great idea. :\\

·
Registered
57 Posts
hell yessss

I e-mailed the head of COK a couple of weeks ago, I really like what they do. And yes, I did address the unfortunate acronym. MTV's not that bad y'all, this is the network that brings us Wonder Showzen, Pimp My Ride, and Jackass. Instant redemption for housing those shows.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts