VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there

just a quick question.....has anyone tried these?.....I recently bought a boxx on sale and w/ a coupon of course...lol... and they were horrible....they look okay when you first take them outta the boxx but after they are heated they taste horrible and the filling in the middle looks gross and grey....I loathe grey food....they are a new product and I dont plan on buying them again.....was just curious what you guys thought....
thankies and have a hippie day

Peace

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
I love these and haven't had a problem with them turning gray. Could you be overheating them? Try them in the oven. I've had them for breakfast everyday for a week. The bac'n ones are good too.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I love these and haven't had a problem with them turning gray. Could you be overheating them? Try them in the oven. I've had them for breakfast everyday for a week. The bac'n ones are good too.
nope didnt overheat them and thankies for the suggestion of trying them again but aint gonna happen....I only ate one of the three and pitched the rest.....I was sick to my stomach sooooo badly and up all night long last night and got no sleep......I am hippie they worked out very well for you though

Harmony

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

That's so weird. I wonder if your grocery store improperly stored them or something. The inside should be yellow.
wow really? thankies for the heads up on that... mine was a strange color wierd kinda grey....and I dont eat grey food in general.....I know that I have a slight soy allergy but I havent had any kind of reaction like this.....I was just curious what other people experienced and appreciate all the help and info....

Peace

·
Registered
116 Posts
Oh my god, my husband and I love these! We eat them more often than we should, hahahaha! We do heat them up in the oven, though, as we don't have a microwave. It makes the outside nice and crispy. I'm sorry they didn't work out for you-yuck!

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
I can see why you said it was gray, the sausage is a little grayish, but the biscuit is mostly yellow inside. It must have been your soy allergy. The bac'n one is much more yellow, that's what I was thinking of.

I'm all out

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
massve ICK on a STICK!!....it must just be me but this pic makes me wanna gag.....makes me soooo sick....if I saw this advirtised like this I wouldnt have ever bought it in the first place.....it may have been my soy allergy but maybe not as I eat the MSF sausage all the time no trouble.... and I have a few friends who dont have the slight soy allergy I have and they got sick as a dog from these poducts....different boxx and purchased at a different store...hmmm intresting gonna stay soooo far away from these....

thankies for all the help much appreciated

Laughter Always

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
That is REALLY weird, I've gone through 3 boxes without a single problem. Flavor wise, I love them (they take like cheesy sausage, I'm a sucker for unhealthy foods
) You might want to contact them and give them the heads up about the illnesses.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

That is REALLY weird, I've gone through 3 boxes without a single problem. Flavor wise, I love them (they take like cheesy sausage, I'm a sucker for unhealthy foods
) You might want to contact them and give them the heads up about the illnesses.
Thankies

Peace

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Heart Corey Haim!! View Post

massve ICK on a STICK!!....it must just be me but this pic makes me wanna gag.....makes me soooo sick....if I saw this advirtised like this I wouldnt have ever bought it in the first place
It's not just you..I about lost my breakfast!

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
I was thinking of getting these because I haven't been great at making good, quick breakfasts in the morning. I'm tired and usually end up with an unfrosted poptart, and the most 'cooking'/preparing I do in the morning is putting some toast in the toaster and spreading Earth Balance on it.

Just to let anyone know that gets these or is looking to try them I saw them for about 3.20 at my Wal-Mart, but they were 4.65 at the Stater Brothers near me. I haven't checked Target yet because unfortunately they removed most of their food section while they expand and add in groceries at mine, so I'm not sure if it's cheaper there, too, but just to let anyone that might shop at both WalMart and Stater Brothers that you might find them cheaper at WalMart.
(I can't do a product review because I assumed Stater's would be cheaper but when it wasn't then I couldn't go back to WalMart, so I'll post what I think of them in here when I get to try them).

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
I've had about 5 boxes now with not problem. I love the bacon ones.

Target is the best place to buy Morningstar Farms, they range about $3.50 regular price. They're often on sale for $3 and Target.com and the Sunday paper has $1 off coupons a lot. I have 2 coupons from Target for $1 purchase of 2 (one for 3) that they gave me at the register for buying MF. Not a bad deal at all.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Quote:

I've had about 5 boxes now with not problem. I love the bacon ones.

Target is the best place to buy Morningstar Farms, they range about $3.50 regular price. They're often on sale for $3 and Target.com and the Sunday paper has $1 off coupons a lot. I have 2 coupons from Target for $1 purchase of 2 (one for 3) that they gave me at the register for buying MF. Not a bad deal at all.
Great, I'll wait to get them there then.
I went to Target but they only had one veggie thing this week, and it was the sausage patties, because the rest of the freezer aisles are closed to add in more freezers and groceries at my closest one, but I'm assuming they'll put back the Morningstar freezer when they're done

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
I'm sure they will. One of my local Targets got revamped recently, haven't been back since, but I know they were adding more food items. The Target by the Tyler mall has a decent selection of fridge/freezer items.

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Yeah I love Target's Morningstar selection. I didn't look well when the freezer was there but now I'm starting to like their products because they're easy to make on weekdays when I tend to make easy food or eat leftovers, and Target seems to have good prices on them. I wish they'd veganize more things, I could easily eat their foods everyday and go back to veganism living off their food, especially the addicting corn dogs

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Bought some biscuits today, I'll try one in the morning, I'm going to try to remember to go preheat the oven as soon as I get up.
Bizarro WalMart has bacon and sausage, but the whole shelf of bacon were completely bought out, and there were some sausage left. It's like a pack of vegetarians go through and buy out the bacon ones! Though I never liked real bacon so maybe I'll like the sausage better anyways.
On a side note, the Amy's loaf I wanted to try was sold out, too, and a lot of other MSF and Amy's stuff that I wanted to try was also gone! Someone else likes the same stuff I do and keeps getting there first!

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
I cut mine in half to make sure the filling was cool and then I started eating them as a half that way. I really like the filling, and I'm glad I got the sausage and not bacon because the sausage reminded me of the type of spicy (real meat) sausage on pizza. I can be really picky with eggs, but I liked that I couldn't really taste them. I couldn't pick them or the cheese tastes or textures out, it seemed like the eggs and cheese just added some texture and flavor to support the biscuit overall and help complement the taste of the sausage.

I didn't like the biscuit, though. I cooked it in the oven for the correct amount of time, twenty minutes, but it tasted too crisp on the outside. Since I had it cut in half, I just ate from the middle of the biscuit and gave the crispy edges to my dog, since the middle was okay and the biscuit wasn't too crisp there. Maybe I should microwave next time or something. Danakscully, do you microwave or oven cook it? Maybe it was just because I'm used to fluffy buttermilk type biscuits and wasn't expecting it to taste so dense and hard, so maybe it's just something to get used to.

Anyways, even if I can't fix the problem with the biscuit by microwaving or something, I'll still eat and buy these again, because Lady has no problem eating the "crusts" of each half. The filling was definitely good, and I'm happy it actually got me to get a good breakfast in the morning. My eating schedule is really messed up since I eat lunch at 1045 at school and in the morning I don't get really hungry for breakfast until about 9 or 10, so typically I try to make myself eat a slice of toast to get some sort of food, and then I eat lunch at school, and then I eat another big lunch at home and snack until dinner, but I actually felt hungry to eat the biscuits and since they're small and quick to eat then it's easy to get a really filling breakfast, and ten grams of protein is great when I typically eat nothing or just a small slice of bread. If the Morningstar sausage patties are anything like the sausage in the biscuits then I'll have to get some of those, too.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts