VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
That is very sad. He will be missed.

ETA that Mr. Rogers was a vegetarian and he promoted soy products on some of his later shows. (Of course his show meant more than that, but I thought that VBers would appreciate that tidbit.)

·
Registered
0 Posts
There is a message board attached to the news section on yahoo and there are a lot of nasty people there making unfounded acusation him of being a child molester and comparing him to Michael Jackson and making fun of him. I really hate people like that. He was a good man and should be allowed to rest in peace.

Our local tv station just did a little article on his life.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I agree. Some people can really suck the air right out of the atmosphere sometimes with their heartless, thoughtless comments. Evil hates good.....I remind myself of that when these mean people crawl out from under their rocks and spew their garbage.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I always liked him and everyone of my kids watched him when they were pre-schoolers. I never knew that he was a vegetarian...

When they were little and did something well, I would often sing his I'm proud of you song to them. Sometimes, they would request it.

Incase you don't know it:

"I'm proud of you. I'm proud of you. I hope that you are proud of you, too."

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Now this is just incredibly weird: Yesterday evening as I was driving home from school around 5pm, I heard the tail end of a news broadcast that said someone had died. I heard something about "cardigan sweaters" and then they played a clip from the Mr Roger's Neighborhood theme song. I was going to post something about it on here since I knew he was a vegetarian, and I was going to tell my family what I had heard. (Pieced together, really, I didn't hear them say "Mr Rogers has died", but from what I heard, I figured it out.) I didn't post about it or mention it to my family because I got distracted by other things.

However... my friend Mark is somewhat incredulous that I could have heard about it at 5pm YESTERDAY because today's news reports say he died early this morning. Whoa, like was I listening to some Early Edition broadcast? This is STRANGE!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.