VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
MPs have defied the government and backed a ban on wild animals being used in circuses in England after a heated debate in Parliament.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13884165

I watched this debate and there was only one MP arguing against a ban. The vote for a ban was passed easily.

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
Yes, that's great news and a real kick up the arse for David Cameron.

I always find it quite strange that a tory MP would call for a ban on anything concerning animal welfare, conservatism and compassion for animals don't usually mix. Let's hope that legislation gets pushed through sooner rather than later. Unless the tory twats at No.10 try to push any pending legislation down the agenda.

Any news about the tories trying to repeal the hunting act?

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

I always find it quite strange that a tory MP would call for a ban on anything concerning animal welfare, conservatism and compassion for animals don't usually mix.
That is exactly what I thought.
Good news anyway.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

Any news about the tories trying to repeal the hunting act?
Not that I know of yet, I think it's currently been pushed back as a non-priority thing. It's definitely still on Cameron's to do list at some point during his time as PM though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.