VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy cow. So August 19th is my 5 year wedding anniversary!!!!! My husband and I just had our 3rd baby in march and stuff has been tense. I had some bad PPD and I can already be a bit b*tchy to begin with.... ugh. In some ways I am sad because I did not expect my life to turn out this way and in others I am happy and I just want to move forward in a positive way.
My husband rented a cabin for us for that weekend in a state park called blue knob, about 4 hours away from us. My birthday is the next day so it will be an exciting weekend. I think it was really awesome of him to do this. I LOVE camping ( I know its a cabin but having an infant in a tent sounds like hell to me) and we love hiking and swimming. The countdown is on!!! So I am really glad that we are going to make some good memories for our anniversary. We were supposed to renew our vows but couldnt pull it all together in time. I am actually really happy we arent (having a party is too dang stressful).
Anyway sorry I am rambling I am just really excited.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I'm glad things are looking up for you
Sounds fun!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
we arent on the edge of divorce or seperation or anything extreme but just the little bickering has me feeling at the end of my rope. I know he is trying so I have to try harder too. He had surgery when I was 5 weeks PP and it was horrible. My emotions were a rollarcoaster and he couldnt get up. Nightmare for both of us. So he was home for 6 weeks recovering and I think we crawled up each others bums a little.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
My parents have been married for 41 years. My mom just got laid off, which is a big deal, as she was the primary bread-winner and always had a job. So now she and my dad are both at home all day every day, and they bicker a lot more. Everyone needs personal space, and when you're forced to interact with someone when you'd rather be alone, even if it's someone you love, it can get tense.

Do you ever hire a babysitter and spend time on your own? I know a mom who does that once or twice a month, and she swears that it keeps her sane. She said that at first she felt a little guilty, but now she sees it as necessary for her relationships with her kids and husband.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually I do one better than hiring a babysitter! My husband is a great father and I go away every few months to visit my cousin or my college roommate and it def helps keep me sane.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Three kids in five years is quite an undertaking...bound to put a strain on any relationship! And dealing with his surgery and your PPD would only add to the stress. Sounds like a weekend in the woods might be fun...and agree, cabin wins over tent when you have three little ones! lol Hang in there and don't be too hard on yourself. Sequoia is right...try and find some time for yourself, every now and then. It does a world of good! Happy Anniversary/Birthday!

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama884 View Post

Actually I do one better than hiring a babysitter! My husband is a great father and I go away every few months to visit my cousin or my college roommate and it def helps keep me sane.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama884 View Post

That's great

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

Three kids in five years is quite an undertaking...bound to put a strain on any relationship! And dealing with his surgery and your PPD would only add to the stress. Sounds like a weekend in the woods might be fun...and agree, cabin wins over tent when you have three little ones! lol Hang in there and don't be too hard on yourself. Sequoia is right...try and find some time for yourself, every now and then. It does a world of good! Happy Anniversary/Birthday!
Thank you
3 kids is def a lot. I feel dead by the end of every day. Tent camping is fun but just not with 3 kids. The park we are going to is known for the second tallest mountain in PA and the insane amount of snow it gets, its also the most isolated which is fantastic because I love a weekend free from my blackberry.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Sounds like a perfect way to spend your anniversary and birthday. Life can be tough at times, and getting away from it all for a bit helps a lot. Hope you have a wonderful time with your family.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts