VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my favourite comedies is - wait for it -

KUNG POW! Heehee Everyone I know who's seen just groans and rolls their eyes. I saw it on video when I had a really bad flu so I'm not sure if the movie was really hysterical or I was just high on flu meds.

I know somepeople disliked Donnie Darko (
sacrilige I tells ya!) and Joe Dirt which I love heehee.

That and every Monty Python movie ever made.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Not everyone hates these movies, but a lot of people wonder why I love Michael Mann's Heat so much. And The English Patient.

Does Buckaroo Bonzai count? I'm not sure, because so few people actually know what the hell I'm talking about when I mention it.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Judge Dred..... the movie is so bad that it becomes a comedy.

1vegan... I like Grease. Now Grease 2, that's a different matter altogether

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I seem to be the only one who likes Fargo. I think it's a great movie... I can't understand why no one else thinks the same

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by skarrlett

I seem to be the only one who likes Fargo.
Hrmm... I recall being the only one who didn't like it. I liked The Big Lebowski so much better...

Nobody seems to like my fave - City of Lost Children. The best compliment it's gotten I think is "no, it wasn't bad, it was just weird." I love Death Race 2000, but a lot of people like that for its campiness. I think the most unliked movie I like is Judgement Night.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Austin Powers - Spy that Shagged Me - I think it is one of the funniest movies I've seen, but none of my friends share my vision. Hence I am reduced to watching and laughing by myself

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Max Power

Hrmm... I recall being the only one who didn't like it. I liked The Big Lebowski so much better....
Me too! The accents! The deer heads! The snow! I actually walked out of the theatre it was so bad!

I loved the movie Pumpkin, it made me uncomfortable. I don't know anyone that liked that movie but me. I like a movie that makes me react.

There seems to be more films that I hated and everyone else loves! I hated the movie Pulp Fiction and all of my friends loved it, I even have a friend who is using the film in her Masters thesis.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kraftykraft

Austin Powers - Spy that Shagged Me
OMG, when I saw that movie for the first time in the theatre, I nearly peed my pants. I couldn't stop laughing. That is a funny, funny movie.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Well, I like Buckaroo Bonzai (I still want to change my name to John Smallberries), Earth Girls are Easy, Fargo, and The City of Lost Children.

But I am the only person I know with a slavish devotion to Desperately Seeking Susan. Most people see it as rather lowbrow, but I know it to be a masterful example of romantic comedy, in a league with Bringing Up Baby.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Much Ado About Nothing-I've seen at least a hundred times

Labrynith(?)-mmm Bowie

John Carpenter's Vampires----Love James Woods

I also love B grade movies

·
Registered
232 Posts
Chevy Chase movies...especially European Vacation. That one was the best. I've probably seen it about seven hundred times and it still makes me laugh.

How about movies no one's ever heard of. David Searching anyone? My absolute favourite movie, but I've yet to meet another person who's ever seen it, much less heard of it.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by borealis

But I am the only person I know with a slavish devotion to Desperately Seeking Susan. Most people see it as rather lowbrow, but I know it to be a masterful example of romantic comedy, in a league with Bringing Up Baby.
I adore that movie lowbrow or not and I find myself watching it everytime it's on cable!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts