VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you think of any more?

Here are the ones I know of:

"All the Little Animals" - I highly recommend it!

"Day of the Dolphin" - another must see!

"Charlotte's Web"

"Chicken Run"

"Babe"

and, I haven't seen "Gorillas in the Mist," should I?

"The Island of Dr. Moreau," 1996, starring Marlon Brando, LOL, it's about as campy as you can get and Brando is so over the top, but I like that it is thought provoking.

I'm thinking we need more movies with positive messages.

I remember "Kimba" the white lion was a cartoon series I loved as a kid, but I can't think of any more big-screen movies. I know there are more...

Any others you can think of or recommend?

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
The sequel to "Legally Blonde" has the protagonist seeking legislation against animal testing, I believe.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ceryna

The sequel to "Legally Blonde" has the protagonist seeking legislation against animal testing, I believe.
yup your right. she's trying to get a bill passed against animal testing

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
The chihuahua in that movie, (Legally Blonde), is totemo kawaii!

I *heart* chihuahuas. *g*

·
Registered
0 Posts
K-PAX

(stars Kevin Spacey & Jeff Bridges)

Based on the first book of the K-PAX Triology (by author Gene Brewer), about a man who claims to be from outer space and brought to the Manhattan Institute, a mental hospital. Calling himself Prot (rhymes with goat), he says that he is an inhabitant of the Planet K-PAX, a perfect vegan world without wars, govt. or religion, and where every being co-exists in harmony.

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Powder? There's a part where he transfers the pain and fear of a Deer into its killer.

Sweet November seems to have vegan mentioned a lot (my brother watched it here once and I could hear it).

Starman has the main character bring a hunted Deer back to life.

I can't think of anything else that hasn't already been mentioned.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I think "Watership Down" is an animated movie ... I recall having started to watch this late one night on TV but it was too late and went to bed.

I watched part of an animated movie based on another Richard Adams story called "The Plague Dogs". I didn't finish it as it was on TV and other things forced me away. It's centred on these two dogs ( from what I saw) who escape a british animal testing lab. Seemed pretty grim and definately not a kids cartoon. I'd like to see it fully some time. Here's a description of both

http://www.angelfire.com/movies/oc/waterplague.html

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dk_art

I think "Watership Down" is an animated movie ... I recall having started to watch this late one night on TV but it was too late and went to bed.

I watched part of an animated movie based on another Richard Adams story called "The Plague Dogs". I didn't finish it as it was on TV and other things forced me away. It's centred on these two dogs ( from what I saw) who escape a british animal testing lab. Seemed pretty grim and definately not a kids cartoon. I'd like to see it fully some time. Here's a description of both

http://www.angelfire.com/movies/oc/waterplague.html
Yeah, Watership Down is an animated film (it was also remade at some point.... live action or animation, I dunno). I have a copy of the original from it's 25th anniversary release (I've also read the "sequel" to it, which is nothing in comparison).

I've read "The Plague Dogs".... it's a great book, and appears very anti-vivisection. I hope I can find the video for it around here.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
ET-

Not only is there the part where the frogs get saved from dissection, but ET himself is a victim of "speciesism"

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dk_art

I went into that book thinking it would be boring, but I ended up liking it a lot. I have a whole new view of rabbits now, I love them more than ever.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I just watched chicken run for the first time. What a Vegan themed movie! First we see the reality of the chickens who start to wane on thier production of eggs are slaughtered. then we see that the the "farmer" decides she'd make more money if she stopped egg farming and slaughtered them all for meat (obviously fattening them up in the process). We even see the cruelty of hanging the poor little chickens from their feet in those shackles! Yeah, i cried!

But it's so worth the cute hollywood ending!

It was so cute. What a great movie for kids or adult kids!

·
Registered
0 Posts
"planet of the apes" was a horrible movie, i felt, but i couldn't help but think about comparisons to AR and white/black racial tensions in America the whole time...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.