VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have developed a bad habit over the years by having pizza or chocolate peanuts with coke when want to start up a dvd but now im realizing how bad this has become when im unable to even want to give a movie a try when there's no snack available at home.
I wish i could enjoy a movie without eating at all but that just seems so plain boring and i cant imagine i could enjoy a movie not eating anything.
How can i destroy this habit even if possible? Anyone able to watch there movies without snacking at all?

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
You could pick healthier snacks and reduce the volume of the snack gradually until you're used to watching a movie without snacking. Things like air-popped popcorn, veggie sticks (carrots, celery, cucumber), or fresh fruit wouldn't be bad to snack on. Or what if you made yourself a big cup of tea (or hot cocoa) and sipped that?

Alternative to food/beverages, maybe you just need to keep your hands busy? I like to crochet while I watch movies.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Lol, I use to have the same problem. If I so much as turned on the tv... "What am I gonna watch, wait a minute... I need some food"
If you can, stop eating while watching tv or movies. Don't even eat dinner infront of it. Otherwise your brain makes the connection that tv means food, and everytime you sit down to watch you'll feel like you need something to snack on.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
It's fun to eat while watching t.v. I just give myself a modest portion and when it's gone, it's gone. I like the sipping tea idea.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Maybe try to schedule meals and movies close to one another. Like eat (not in front of the tv) and then go ahead in the next 15 minutes or so and start the movie. You will hopefully be full already and food will be the last thing on your mind.

·
Registered
814 Posts
One of the best things I ever bought was an air popcorn maker.

I pop up a big bowl, spray on a little not butter light spray, sprinkle with sea salt and nutitional yeast.

I also like a spicy version where I add a couple of handfuls of mini baked pretzels and almonds to the popcorn, spray on the not butter light and spirinkle it with taco seasoning.

Both are great to take to the movies in ziplock bags too.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I usually have roasted pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds. If I have popcorn I bring my own healthy kind, or sometimes have dried fruit and nuts.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I find that when I need a snack for TV/DVD watching I just get some raw carrots. After a few with no dip, I'm done snacking. I like carrots but they're not something I can just eat a ton of so I find that I've eliminated the need for snacking.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Edamame is a good healthy snack that's fun to eat while watching movies. You can even sneak it into theaters in a backpack or purse, not that I suggest it or anything.

·
Registered
721 Posts
i used to have this problem. if i'm not hungry then i just chew gum or look through cookbooks for recipe ideas while watching a show or jump on the elliptical machine. if i'm really feeling snacky i'll have a pomegranate (that takes me like 30 minutes to eat since i don't do the water trick), a bunch of grapes, edamame, a carton of berries, some cranberries or a couple clementines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts