VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched the subtitled French movie, Romantics Anonymous. I don't normally care for romantic comedies, which this is, but I loved it! I would watch it again. It's really quirky and sweet and kind of keeps you on the edge of your seat for the characters' sake.

I watched it streaming on Netflix.

·
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕
3,229 Posts
Oh cool. Thanks for sharing! :)

+++ Capitalism: A Love Story ( I watched about half of this...caught it towards the end I think. I thought it was actually rather funny lol)

+++ No Impact Man (I liked this because it showed that we can all do things to help, even if we aren't a 100% eco friendly.)

+++ Food Matters (not my fav documentary but good for health concerned people)

Yeah, I mainly recommend documentaries because I like bringing worthwhile and interesting things to the table :)

Now you have me in the mood to watch another movie!! =D Seems like a good plan for tonight!! :)...There is no vegan popcorn around though :(

·
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕
3,229 Posts
I just watched "The Cove." I think that must have been the most brain twisting, pulse flaring film I have seen in my life. Amazing documentary. I never think documentaries are gonna be that good before I see them, but this one quite surprised me. The stupidity of the cover ups to keep this slaughter going on is beyond me....the fact that they keep it hidden so well and brain wash everyone to thinking everything is okay with the dolphins, is just disgusting, considering Taiji had a bunch of dolphin decorations embellishing their town. It's a whole set up, you really have to watch it, as it's quite amazing how many factors there are, how many people are being bought in to side with japanese, how many people are being duped and lied to, how many people at the top are creating these lies because not even they know what is really going on, how then these whales are being blamed for causing all these problems to begin with. And that's only one part of it, as just as well, high levels of mercury are found higher up the food chain and in these dolphins and here the government was trying to put dolphin meat in the school lunches. It's insane and I think what makes it even more amazing is that the guy who started it all, who trained dolphins and who was the one who started to get people in touch with dolphins so that they wanted to see them perform for them in captivity, now devoted his life to setting them free and stopping this massacre. Blew my mind.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like documentaries, too. They comprise most of what I watch. I think I like them for the same reason I became a librarian: I'm nosy and interested in everything, especially people who are different from me.

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noelkm67 View Post

I like documentaries, too. They comprise most of what I watch. I think I like them for the same reason I became a librarian: I'm nosy and interested everything, especially people who are different from me.
I love librarians, you know everything, or know where to find it!
grin.gif
:thumbup:

·
Registered
123 Posts
'Once' is a lovely lovely film, low budget, set in Dublin, starring first-time actors Marketa Irglova and Glen Hansard. Glen plays a busker and he meets a Czech pianist played by Marketa...

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Fight Club

POTC

LOTR

Castaway

Boyz in the Hood

Friday

Steel Magnolias

Oh Brother Where Art Thou

Kill Bill

Pulp Fiction

A League of Their Own

The Sandlot

A Little Princess

Benny and Joon

Bringing up Baby

Wall-E

Finding Nemo

Monsters, INC.

The Princess Bride

Legend

Labyrinth

The Great Outdoors

Uncle Buck

Interview with a Vampire

The Princess and the Frog

Australia

Spiderman

A Christmas Story

The Grinch

Girl, Interrupted

·
Registered
656 Posts
"Zodiac" is a brilliant slow burner about a guy's obsession with a serial killer case (true story).

It has some big stars in it but got some pretty mixed reviews, I think a lot of people were expecting an easy, fast thriller. It is very entertaining but reasonably subtle too.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm not the biggest movie person, my obsession of choice is anime, but I'll give it a shot!

• Basically anything Tim Burton makes (especially Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride)
  • Fight Club
  • LOTR
  • Harry Potter (except the 4th movie... Such a disappointment)
  • Breakfast on Pluto
  • 28 Days Later
  • Batman and The Dark Knight
  • Chicago
  • Rocky Horror Picture Show
  • Paprika
  • Everything by Miyazaki (that man is a genious!)
  • Forks Over Knives

There's probably more, but these are the ones that came to mind first!
popcorn.gif

·
Beginner's Mind
645 Posts
I don't know about anything Tim Burton makes,,, a lot of it has been majorly disappointing to me. But I did also really, really like Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, and Big Fish. Plus Ed Wood when in just the right mood. And of course Pee-Wee's Big Adventure... like, obviously.

I already wrote another long list of my favorite movies on this website some time ago. Don't need to repeat too much, probably, but one other director I like a lot would be Terry Gilliam. So many great movies, most of them satisfying on multiple levels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts