VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw in on TV last night. I can't remember the actor's name, who plays the accused murdering pedaphile. The movie takes place in Puerto Rico. A policeman, played by another actor whose name I can't remember -- these are 2 really good actors by the way -- tries to get a 57 year old lawyer with a 20-something wife -- to confess to murdering several around-13-year-old girls, raping them too. He tries to get the wife to help.

Very good analysis of our society's mixed up thoughts regarding pedaphilia, with a wonderfully-written not-quite-a-soliloquy, excellently articulated by the actor playing the accused pedaphile -- about why he likes young women. Unfortunately I can't remember the title either.

Lots of excellent photography of pretty young women. No graphic sex, no violent scenes.

Unfortunately the ending was rather vague. As someone wrongly-accused of illegal pedaphilia myself (not by the police, just by the idiots at vegsource) -- I didn't strongly identify with the accused pedaphile in the movie. I guess we didn't have a lot else in common, besides being accused of pedaphilia. And I've never been accused or murdering anyone, of any age, or even violence, just harrassment. I don't want to give away the ending, in case some of you didn't see it.

But a very thought-provoking movie.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Another movie, that addresses this topic (though controversially) is Happiness. I thought it was very good. It didn't make the pedophile sympathetic, you didn't feel sorry for him, but they showed his character as being much more complex than just his pedophilia.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Movie: Under Suspicion

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0164212

Quote:
While San Juan celebrates San Sebastian's Feast, recently-divorced and world-weary police captain Victor Benezet calls in prominent attorney Henry Hearst to clarify his statement about discovering the body of a girl of about 12, the second such murder in two weeks. As Hearst answers unconvincingly, Benezet reveals circumstantial evidence: the lawyer is under suspicion. The interrogation strips away Hearst's dignity, public persona, and even his toupee, exposing a breech with his beautiful and much younger wife, questionable sexual predilections and a damning hobby. Then, Hearst's wife volunteers information that confirms police suspicions. Is Hearst finally at the breaking point?
Actor: Gene Hackman (suspect)

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I'm sorry you were accused at vegsource. Not a place I go myself and I suppose I might be accused of it myself if I did. Some 14 year old boys shouted out to me once when I was at work on the beach carpark "you're a dirty old woman - a paedophile" It was because I told them to clear off and stop destroying plants so I didn't worry over much.

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was amused however, by Henry Hearst's claim that he was 57 years old, and Gene Hackman's makeup job, which made him look about 77. He was about 70 when the movie was made. And they put makeup on him that made him look older, instead of made him look younger. That's about the only thing in the movie that didn't ring true.

Morgan Freeman's performance was quite interesting. But GH's "smaller than life" performance was really gripping. That's what I liked about the movie, that there were no heros and villians, just people with strong points and weak points, who conflict, and struggle to correctly distinguish between imagination and reality; wannabe, and whatis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts