VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

****ing bugs.

i never swear. never.

but ive had it. cleaned all day. still petrified to go to sleep just in case i wake up and its all happened all over again. the thought of the crawling.

BUT...

ive just sprayed my mattress (just then. as well as everything else) and put sheets on the bed, the room stinks of killer spray, its disgusting...but is it ok to then sleep (as in now, its late at night) on and breathe in all night?

the windows are open but the air is still thick.

but its one night, and ..

i just want to sleep. then wake up tomorrow and get back to normal life. aaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Did you ever figure out what the bugs were? Bedbugs are easy to spot in the seams of the mattress along the edges. Before you fog up your apartment, try to find out what the critters are.

They really sounded like spider bites to me as well. Fleas/bedbugs usually cause a much more widespread (and itchy as hell) issue.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i didn't actually pin down what they were, no. they really really didn't end up looking like bedbugs. nor did my mattresses have the stains that i then saw pictures of. unless perhaps they were an early stage of bedbug? like larvae or something? because they looked sort of like catapillars. but what to me looked like a catapillar could have been a really small crustaceantypething or something, my eyesight isn't great. all i know is that its something that sheds (coz i found a few tiny tiny 'empty' ones, hard to explain) and that when i looked at the floor boards underneat the bed there were enough to see here and there when you looked closely, moving very very slowly. they could have been something different, something that doesn't even bite people and maybe i was bitten by something else. but regardless, decided to get rid of whatever they were.

poor description i know, but regardless, i used spray mortein ( not the bomb kind. figured id try my luck with the minimum first) and slept there last night with no bites whatsoever
i hope they wont have laid some kind of egg and hatch out in a few days..ugh.

on the bright side my room is more spotless than ever before (and it was mighty clean BEFORE the bug incident)

xo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.