VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a big fan of MorningStar, but I must say their Vegan Burgers are pretty interesting. It is amazing how much they look and smell like real hamburgers. In fact, if you are someone that is grossed out by the thought of tasting meat or smelling it, then I would stay away from them. It was kind of a nice treat for me. I would say they taste like a crappy burger, but still fairly enjoyable. Although I had never eaten a hamburger from 7/11, I would guess the taste is of the same quality. The nice thing is they are very low in calories and have a good amount of protein. I do find that all of Morningstar products are highly processed and have a ton of ingredients.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Morning Star has never really been my favorite (pretty much the only veg thing at Wal-Mart though). I recently used their ground "beef" stuff and it was pretty good in chili, but I kind of like textured vegetable protein now (it's pretty easy to cook with and easier to store, but its hard to find sometimes
).

·
Give peas a chance
1,715 Posts
For me, the key on any veggie burger is to bury the patty under lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, black pepper and vegenaise. By itself, the patties don't taste like much, but when all the other things are added, it is quite good. It is more about the veggies than about the faux meat patty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts