VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morningstar farms (you know, the people who make tons pf vegetarian meat like burgers and such) are using eggs from THE MOST cruel conditions. Im not going to speculate why anyone chooses to be or not to be a vegetarian but if your reasoning has anything to do with animal welfare then please take a moment to make a call or write a few words (link below) telling Morningstar that YOU DO NOT SUPPORT ANIMAL CRUELY!!

http://www.morningstar-egg-facts.com/

I dont want to preach, but personally I think there is something really ridiculous about a vegetarian company supporting living conditions for chickens which are completely intolerable.

Hearts and Kisses.

-Micaela

·
Registered
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

Aren't all egg factory conditions like this? I'm trying to go vegan.
i want to try to go vegan to chelsea i dont eat eggs anymore i havent for like 2 months or something like that

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
When even Ben & Jerry's are phasing to cage-free, I'm wondering why makers of vegetarian foods (whose customers may be presumably more concerned for animal welfare) aren't considering at least making the switch to cage-free.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatless View Post

They should be encouraged to not include eggs in their products, PERIOD.
I wrote Morningstar Farms a letter, using the "Contact Us" link on morningstarfarms.com, rather than the link in the first post on this thread. I don't want to have my information on every animal rights mailing list in America. I prefer to choose my battles, instead of letting them choose me.

--Fromper

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Sure it would be great if all faux meat products were vegan. But since several MF products use eggs as a major component (such as their breakfast line), and seeing how it is very hard to convince big corp's to reformulate their products, it seems that HSUS should target them for one of their 'cage free' campaigns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts