VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tried the Yves dinners? they're like tv dinners i guess, about the same size portions as Michelina's, and they're damn good!

i've tried the chili and the penne pasta one, and i have the lasagna in the fridge right now. they're only $2.99 each at my store, which is comparable to non-veg frozen dinners. these ones aren't frozen though so they're faster to heat up, and all 3 i've bought so far have been vegan. not sure about the others but the chili had 21g protein.

this stuff is really yummy! now if only we had a microwave at work, i'd be taking them for lunch.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
i used to get them sometimes when i was working, and since i'm anti-microwave, i'd just eat them cold. they're okay. i always found them a little bland, and truly, it's actually much cheaper to buy a package of pasta, a jar of sauce, and a thing of yves ground round, and prepare it yourself. you can even freeze individual portions if you want, in plastic containers.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Ooh, I'll have to look for those. I've had Amy's vegan lasagna and liked that, but it's over $3.50 for just one serving... too expensive.

I don't have the time or know-how to make lasagna from scratch!

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, i think the yves isn't technically lasagna, there's no cheese vegan or otherwise, just miniature lasagna noodles, sauce and ground round.

i agree it'd be cheaper to buy the stuff and make it yourself, but if you really don't feel like cooking or don't have time, they're convenient and pretty good. the penne could have had a little more flavour, but the chili was surprisingly tasty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts