VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having heartburn (I usually don't get it at all) since becomine veggie. Im mentioned to my husband today and he said he's experiencing the same thing. I can't imagine what it could be except for the fact that we eat more beans, tomatoes, onions, and salsa than before. Do you think that could be doing it?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Anything tomato based generally gives me heartburn. Then again, anything even slightly acid usually does. Apple and orange juice are two big ones for me. I can't handle salsa without drinking milk. Onions and garlic also get to me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Could you provide more information? What is your diet?

You may be eating too many processed foods (microwave/pre-prepared foods). A friend who made the switch a couple of years back had the same problem. Once he gave up the pre-packaged stuff and started eating fresh fruits/veggies, his heartburn problems went away almost overnight.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I'm not drinking any more coffee than before.

Let's see, yesterday for breakfast I had a bowl of cereal with almond milk, maybe I banana? I can't remember...

Lunch I had tortilla chips with a dip I made from black beans, avocado, tomato, salsa, and spices

Dinner was stirfry made with those fake steak strips and cornbread. But...no heartburn. I'm going to pay more attention to what I'm eating in relation to my heartburn.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A lot of times the acid in the fruits and veggies you are eating can cause the heartburn.

I had the same thing - try taking a Pepcid in the morning and one at night for a couple weeks. Then...just take 1 a day. This should help - it has helped for me and I haven't had any problems since.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My daughter got quite sick about 2 years ago. She had what's called esophigitis. It was inflamation of the esophogus. She still can not eat acidy foods. She has to be really careful. I know tomatoes are on her list of foods not to eat...so is cranberry juice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.