VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was a life changing experience for myself and my husband.

For some reason, I was led to www.peta.com. I watched the videos on how animals for food, testing, and fur are treated. Before sitting down to watch these videos, I had eaten Taco Bell. After watching these, I was literally so sick that the thought of meat in my stomach made me vomit. I was brought to tears by this type of cruelty. I was also astounded at my own ignorance.

I shared how I felt with my husband and he was moved as well. He actually declined watching the videos because he is such an animal lover.

The both of us swore off meat from that moment forth. We are on our journey to full veganism, but understand that it will be a struggle as we live in a pretty rural area.

I am so grateful that I was awakened from my ignorant state and that my husband agrees with my stance.

I'm very glad to have found Veggie Boards. I look forward to all the support and advice you can provide!

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Peta.com changed my life too. Welcome to VB! Please feel free to join in on any thread!

·
Registered
590 Posts
thats amazing!! congratulations and good luck!! that is how alot of people are brought into the veggie lifestyle including myself. The best of luck with you and your husband

·
Registered
897 Posts
awesome story, thanks for that. it can be bumpy at first, but the kind people here will point you to all the support you could want.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am so moved by the responses here. Thank you so much.

Day 2 down, with noooo meat or dairy products. My husband is also doing so well.

He is a reallly muscular, weight lifter type. It's nice to see that he puts aside the tough guy facade for the well being of helpless animals.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ldpullen, I'm a new veggie & a new member here too after watching some of the videos on PETA.
Good luck with everything!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
That is a great story. Kudos on your decision, and good luck. You will find lots of support, help, and good recipes here, as well as some nice debate, should you be up for it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts