VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had "swings" persay but I do notice that every morning, I wake up feeling like a million bucks (even if I haven't slept well) - the world is great, I'm so in love, I'm so happy, I feel so lucky and wonderful!!! Then by the evenings, I'm always a little bummed, unmovitated, I have a hard time functioning for the last few hours at work!!! Anyone have any tips on how to control the moods? Good afternoon pick-me-ups to get me through work??? :) (no caffeine or weird chemicals obviously ;-) ) Thanks so much!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I know it's cheesy, but I always got kind of high either reading baby magazines, or searching baby stuff on the internet. I would just get so excited that sometimes I actually couldn't sleep!

As for at work-I ate a lot of high protein snacks. Clif bars, soy smoothies, chickpeas. That seemed to help. I was bartending until 7 months, and I never really had an energy problem except at the VERY beginning - the first month or so, I just felt tired all the time - nothing helped.

Hope that was helpful!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I feel like that now, and I'm not pregnant. Sometimes I think it's like that disorder when people get sad in the winter, only mine is once the sun goes down. I know you said you're moreso tired and unmotivated, not really depressed, but it could have something to with it. When I was pregnant I just blamed everything on those wacky hormones.

·
Registered
471 Posts
yah, that midday blues. I remember it well. You need to provide yourself a good protein snack around 3pm (or when ever your blue period hits you). A little avacado salad. a fruit smoothie w/ soft tofu or soy milk.

·
seeker and optimist
186 Posts
My daughter was born in late May and my days certainly got much better as soon as we started getting warmer weather and more sunshine. When I felt down I'd curl up with a cup o' red rasperry leaf tea and a copy of compleat mother or work on a simple excercise that I found in 'birthing from within'. I was a homebirth story addict until I had my own (shame on me that I never wrote mine down)! I also did prenatal yoga in the mornings, and sometimes I'd even do it later on if I was feeling 'drained'.

I also went to school full time until early May and the doldrums didn't hit me hard until I finished my semester and got restless. That's when I decided to plan my shower! Yup did it all myself from baking the vegan carrot cate (in the shape of boobies and belly) to making all the invites etc... It sound awful I guess but I desperatly needed *something* to do.

How much longer mama?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm only 4 months so far!!! I can't wait to hold my little precious one in my arms.... I'm so in love already, I can't imagine how it will be to hold him or her for the first time.....

Is red raspberry leaf tea ok for all months of pregnancy? A friend of mine gave me some lovely organic rrlt and it smells so good!! :)

·
seeker and optimist
186 Posts
veggielove. you'll find conflicting ideas on just about everything that is 'safe' or not to do during pregnancy including rrlt. i can tell you that i consumed it through my entire pregnancy with no ill effets. i would say as a general rule that if you have any doubts at all about anything to avoid said food/beverage etc. during the first trimester.

i'd suggest you follow your intuition rather than everyone else's advice. just wait... especially when you become visibly pregnant you will get ALL KINDS of unwanted advice...

i had a wonderful and very fast homebirth that i personally attibute partially to genetics, partially staying (very) active and taking care of myself (adequate fluids and a great diet, doing kegels) and partially to the luck of a spring storm that quickly dropped the barometric pressure.

love and blessings mama! be ready for an amazing increddible and mind boggling journey! if you ever want to chat feel free to pm me. if you like you can check out my blog i'm working on for my daughter http://echospiritwarrior.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
echo: thanks for the link to your blog.

---

traditional medicinals makes a great pregnancy tea that has rrl in it. nettles are also great.

but, my thoughts about these 'blues' reflect what edamommy wrote. blood sugar levels! so, as she said, a protien snack of some sort is a good idea then.
you'll perk up hormonally that way.

may i introduce you to bamboo baby clothing? and also this organic stuff?

we pushed back our TTC by a lot, but we love looking at baby clothes.
and we like these a lot. there's another that i like, but i can't find the link.

·
seeker and optimist
186 Posts
Zoebird: I checked out those links you posted. I'm psyched about the bamboo clothing! Also I just adore
the blue canoe stuff (especially the bras). I'm in fact wearing one right now! They are just wonderful for nursing! I've never been very comfortable in a bra and these are just perfect!

I could rave on and on about them. I know they seem pricey but they are worth it! Also 'under the nile' makes some cute organic baby clothes.

Veggielove: Are things going better for you? Keep us posted!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm doing good! I still get a little bleah in the afternoons, but I'm surviving!! :) I have my BIG u/s next week, I'm so excited!! I would like to find out the sex if they can tell ;-)

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I think they can tell, but only with a certain % of accuracy. I know that here, in Nova Scotia, in Canada, they aren't allowed - by LAW - to tell the sex anymore, because I guess there have been a lot of lawsuits for incorrect info, as well as - get this - a lot of instances of people ABORTING if not the desired sex. I can't even imagine that.

On a happier note - the ultrasound is SUPER exciting, and very cool. It's NOT like they show on tv where you can't tell that the image is a baby. You can see him/her VERY clearly. I thought it was incredible, and I know that it was the first time my hubby fully grasped that there was actually a little PERSON in there. I went @ 18 wks.

Good luck, and have fun!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OMG echowarrior, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That BFP is such a wonderful thing!!! I remember when I saw mine, I cried I was so happy!!!!! I'm crying now so happy for you!!! (ok so part of its hormones, lol, but I AM REALLY REALLY happy for you!!!!) :) CONGRATS and MANY BLESSINGS on you and your vegan baby-to-be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts