VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once a month for about 4-5 days I have very, very intense dreams that are thankfully not generally nightmares. I can have 5-10 of these dreams a night and wake up with the memories and emotions of them. As you can imagine my sleep is very disrupted. This really f**ks with my head and I get very internally aggressive (I am a pacifist so none of it spills out physically). It can be very destructive and damaging to my usually happy and bubbly mood.

It usually occurs during a full moon (but not always) so I tend to call them my man periods.

I need some help/advice or just some other people who go through what I go through to tell me they exist.

·
Banned
4,482 Posts
Its not unusual although its difficult to offer advice on what you are going through

The full moon will bring your energies up (subconscious one) both positive and negative

It could be sorta suppressed issues from the past just coming to the surface...its o/k they come and go

You could try light dream interpretation , which might give you an understanding of the dream ......but be careful you might start reacting to your interpretations

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this has been going on for almost four years so if they are going to come n go I hope they start moving

I dare not try interpreting them as they are very random and there isn't really a common theme with them except for the really cool flying ones. Sadly though even the really good dreams mess my head up so it is a double edged thing.

Supressed issues from my past is something I thought off but I'm not sure about that. When I was younger I used to have very bad night terrors so dreams and sleep problems have always been a part of my life. It is actually only the past four years that they manifested into what they are now and that was during my minor nervous breakdown (which I have 95% recovered from).

My main hope with this thread is to chat to people who have similar problems so I can feel less alone with it.

Thankyou for your thoughts though.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
You're not the only one. I have phases of intense dreams. Never really noticed when they are, i should probably look into the full moon thing.

To me it's never been a problem. My dreams never tend to be unhappy, if anything quite the opisite and they ususally have something to do with a subconcious desire. I quite enjoy the weekish of great dreaming. Although like you said they can have an effect on everyday life. However sometimes this effect is positive, at least for me anyway.

I can't really think what to sugest, other than relaxing a little and making a conscious effort to tell yourself they're just dreams. Also for the internal agression, maybe doing something to take your mind off it? Exersize works wonders for me when i'm frustrated, angry etc.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm assuming the vitamin comment is a joke - pretty funny one too.

The dreams themselves aren't the main problem though I do remind myself they are just dreams when I wake up. They tend to be good and fun dreams though I do occasionally wish some were true. I do act on some like the babylon 5 dream that when I woke up I bought all five seasons of it and falling in love with them as they are the best thing that has been on TV.

It is the tiredness that messes with me. Four to five nights of poor sleep is the thing that drains me. I am exhausted by the end of it and at the moment I am at day 3 or 4 and really hoping that tonight I get a good night as it is my b'day tommorow.

I tend to meditate myself to sleep so that I can reduce the stress of sleeping a bit. Exercise is an interesting one as I walk for a couple of hours a day with my dog and that helps to calm the inner demon for a time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts