VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wlky.com/r/27403674/detail.html
Quote:
A southern Indiana woman charged with animal cruelty is out of jail.

Detectives said Maximina Shelton threw her dog from a moving car in Harrison County.

An animal control officer said the woman got the dog from a shelter about a year ago. The officer believes financial hardship is what forced the owner to abandon the dog.

The dog was given the name Bambi nearly two weeks ago after she was found abandoned along Highway 135 in Harrison County.

A 6-year-old boy told police the dog's name is Puddles and that his grandmother had thrown it from the car.

"He saw Puddles in the paper, and it's his dog and made his father aware of it," animal control officer Bruce LaHue said.

Quote:
Tiffany Crone saw the dog thrown from the car and then the vehicle turn around and try to hit the dog.

A neighbor got the cocker spaniel from the field, and Crone wrapped it in a towel until officers arrived.

"It blew my mind that somebody would be that cold-hearted to throw an animal from a moving vehicle," Crone said.

I hope this lady gets the maximum sentence.

Quote:
"We're not going to tolerate people committing acts like this. It's not way our society should work. This is the 21st century and people should have compassion for one another and for animals," LaHue said.
Yeah, but worse things happen to the animal on your dinner plate.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
this lady.

The dog was injured in an accident in front of her home so she thought it kinder to throw it out of a car as she drove and then tried to run it over when it survived that as well? Could you imagine having to run for your life and dodge the car you listened for and got excited hearing every day, going "bye bye" etc. after your hip had been severely injured?

I don't know how many breed rescues she could have brought the dog to or even had the dog put to sleep as much as that option annoys me too, it would have been kinder.

If you can't provide the basics such as medical care, food and shelter for an animal it's pretty simple, you shouldn't have an animal (or kids). I feel sorry for the next animal she brings home.

/end rant

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I couldn't say what I would do to people like this if I ever got my hands on them. I was talking to someone today that had a rescue cat that is completely scared of men because he was thrown violently down the stairs by a "man".

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
i really don't get people who do things like that. why don't people at least drive to a shelter at night and leave their cats in a cage outside or tie their dog to the fence. at least then the animal gets some care or a more humane death than injury or starvation.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:
She was released from jail after posting a $1,000 bond.
The vet bill probably would have been less expensive, so ha!

On the bright side I am glad people around her intervened at least, so not everyone is so heartless.

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

The vet bill probably would have been less expensive, so ha!

On the bright side I am glad people around her intervened at least, so not everyone is so heartless.
me too, i was actually happy while reading it. so many people have acted right and cared for the poor dog

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I hope someone throws this woman from a moving vehicle and then tries to run her over. Poor dog, I'd take it home, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.