VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
I don't see anything they can do about it. Maybe turn it over to a collection agency. You have certain rights with collection agencies (that they cannot harass you). If they took you to small claims court, it would be a favor, bc they would pay the court fees for filing, and they judge would find in your favor (unless they had you sign something upon boarding the dog saying they could do whatever and charge you for it).

Your boss probably does not use the services of a credit bureau (it costs money to do that so only certain businesses do), and therefore nothing would get on your credit unless they sued you and won.

Hopefully someone like Tame or Bankruptor knows more.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Funkified

i'm not paying that money to these scumbags. ... but any advice on the legality of this nonsense of what i should say/do to this dumbwit if i actually have to talk to her would be appreciated.

yup, thanks.
You probably should not talk with the woman who wants to bill you. You should file a written complaint with the Tennessee Department of Consumer Affairs, with the Nashville Better Business Bureau and with whatever regulatory agency regulates veterinarians. Keep copies of all the paperwork.

As long as you have the money, you have the power.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Send a letter certified mail disputing the bill. Ask for copies of release forms with your signature authorizing the treatments. If they cannot be provided (sounds like they can't), send another letter refusing payment.

Keep copies of all correspondence for yourself in a file. If a collector contacts you, offer to forward them a copy of all correspondence. Let them know, in writing, that unless authorization for the treatment can be provided, that you legally have not incurred the debt.

This bill is small enough it should not appear as a big smudge on your credit report. If all else is well, I would not sweat it. If it does cause a problem, you can turn in all documentation about your dispute.

If it does cause a credit problem, and you can show that you did not authorize the treatment, you can sue the vet for the cost of having your credit cleaned up.

Doucment all contact - do not rely on oral agreements. If it ain't in writing, it did not happen.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tame

Oh, and follow joe's advice about where to report the problem.
Whoa! Tame actually agrees with me!

Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners

State of Tennessee Health-Related Boards

1st Floor, Cordell Hull Building

425 5th Ave. North

Nashville, TN 37247-1010

(615) 532-3202 or 1-888-310-4650,

ext. 25081

Or (615) 532-5080

Be prepared for busy signals if you call.

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the advice and contact numbers - i'm gonna give it a little time (not a lot of time- just too busy with school to deal with this crap at the moment)...i'm guessing the whoa-man who sent it to me did it without the 'bosses' approval or her knowing. i also know that that whoa-man who sent it is leaving that place soon, i'll update you when i find out more about it. thanks again.

oh yeah, 1vegan, the avatar is actually a magnet i have. it's from a funky little local shop in flagstaff, AZ. good stuff, eh? glad you find it amusing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.