VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if there is a moms group. I'm not raising veggie kids but would like to make 'friends' with other moms. How I do miss Facebook

·
Registered
824 Posts
Im a mom of 3 and I am also in the market for friends

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'm Carley from Australia with two vegan girls
Add me to fb if you have it; Carley Schofield, just write veggieboards.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yay! Where are u vegan mama and new mom to be? I'm in Michigan

·
Registered
18 Posts
We live in Texas. I've never been to Michigan - bet the summers are nicer than here. It's going to be over 105 degrees every day this week with a water and fire ban for another 54 days (no watering or grilling or fireworks). What's it like there?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
105 degrees omg. it was 93 a few weeks ago and i wanted to die. we have no ac. we have never had a water ban. it's around 75 here now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ooh, can I join? I have three boys, (9, 3 and 6 mos). I am always looking for other moms to talk to about mommy things, especially since I work full time as well.

I had my first when I was 21and then waited a sane amount of time before having more, hence the age gap. I turned veggie after the birth of my third because I suddenly found that meat made me sick to my stomach, hence my two oldest kids are omni's in transition, still eating meat when they aren't at home. My husband is absolutely supportive of me trying to transition the two oldest and raise the youngest veggie even though he hasn't made the commitment to change quite yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome Mackenzie! I'm a new vegan, and have been vegetarian for about a year. My hubby is omni but very supportive and we hope to have kids very soon. Did you think being a mom at 21 was really hard? (I'm 22 but we've been married for 2 years and we're dying for a little one!)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm also looking for some mom friends. I'm in Southern California.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Another mom here. I'm 33 (in just a few days... ugh), a vegetarian and from Wisconsin. New-ish to the mommy thing... baby X is just shy of nine months. I have a few long-time friends who are new moms, but it would be great to know some moms who understand the vegetarian aspect of raising a child. I'm still in shock my omni husband was 100% supportive of raising our son vegetarian.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Mrs. Veggie: I had a baby at 21 and another at 27 (and then again at 30). They each had their pros and cons. Having my first at 21 was really unexpected. I was still an undergraduate and my husband had to work two jobs just to support me, my school and the pregnancy. I didn't see him very much and I was really lonely through the pregnancy and when Son 1 was really young. It did really made us grow up though. All of a sudden we had to take care of another life and I was still a kid myself.

It was nice when I had my second because both of us had finished school and had pretty good jobs. DH was around a lot more and it made a world of difference. Honestly, I would say that if I had to do it all over again I would have waited longer before I had my first, but he was a surprise so I didn't even get a choice. Not so much because of my age but where I was in my life. I wouldn't trade him though. It's really nice being 31 and having a little older kid. I get to do things with him while I'm still young enough to enjoy it, like go on roller coasters and water slides.

Having a baby is a personal decision. You can listen to advice, but don't let anyone tell you what you should or shouldn't do. If you're both committed to each other and committed to raising kids, then your children couldn't ask for a better home.

My husband has agreed that we should raise our youngest veggie and try to transition the older two as much as possible. He agrees that it's a much healthier lifestyle than our old one. Just the other day, my youngest had to go to an alternate daycare and she fed him some chicken. She didn't know how we felt and honestly, we hadn't told her. Interestingly, it was my husband who politely corrected her. There is hope for him.

Has anyone else transitioned kids due to your own conversion? If so, any tips?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackenzie View Post

Has anyone else transitioned kids due to your own conversion? If so, any tips?
I did with my two girls but my oldest was just under 5 and my youngest was only1 & 1/2 years old. With my oldest I let her ask me questions, how old is your youngest?

We are vegan, she asked me simple questions and I'd answer them age related. I told her where meat came from, how we got dairy, little things. Then she would ask more etc, and she is now happy to be vegan.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyvegetarian View Post

baby x?
X is the baby's first initial. To offer some privacy on the Internet and/or to save space in status updates on Facebook, I often refer to him as X and my husband as R. It's also a holdover from when I was pregnant and we called him Baby X.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was thinking there should be a Vegan Mom facebook group or something, to connect of all us veggie ladies that get lonely as parents from time to time.

I am 24 with a 4 and 3 year old, and one due in November. I could really use some vegan Mom friends, because it's hard enough having non-vegan Mom friends. Or, Vegan non-Mom friends lol. I'm in Canada. Generally everybody is too busy with other life things, and I end up sitting at home with the kids all day everyday, feeling like there is no real separation between the days or weeks.

But, I'm going to start making a Cloth Diaper company from home if I can find a sewing machine and not make too much of a mess of it. *When I was in high school, everytime I hit the ON switch my sewing machine would break!*

1 - 20 of 27 Posts