VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Didnt men use to be more masculine? They were more ready to fight back, right? They walked with more swagger, and just did more things their way.

Researchers cant measure swagger but they can measure testosterone, the male sex hormone most responsible for masculine behaviors and studies show that testosterone levels in men have been on the decline for decades.

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/0...men/?hpt=he_c2

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
well ****.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
still, I want my testosterone back.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

The comments at the bottom of these type of articles are always full of hilarity.
ah, the mention of moobs.....well done.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
because of the feminism of course durrh.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira View Post

hmm but why do they have less testosterone? because life is a piece of cake these days?
i seriously doubt that. in some ways, things are more stressful now than they've ever been. I'd say it's a biological reason. some sort of adaptation based on need/use.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
It is likely to do with the chemicals in the environment, the hormones in meat, and a more sedentary lifestyle. But it is men who have been largely responsible for building the chemical plants that ended up doing this.

Male gametes are more likely to be damaged as they are outside the body and more vulnerable. Females have always been the more hardy gender and males have always been stronger in a muscular sense.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

Didnt men use to be more masculine? They were more ready to fight back, right?
I'm going to go beat up the researchers. According to my manlogic, that should fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

Didnt men use to be more masculine? They were more ready to fight back, right? They walked with more swagger, and just did more things their way.

Researchers cant measure swagger but they can measure testosterone, the male sex hormone most responsible for masculine behaviors and studies show that testosterone levels in men have been on the decline for decades.

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/0...men/?hpt=he_c2
'Lo Uno

Dairy consumption has been increasing for decades and for decades they have been increasing the female type hormones pumped into the dairy herds.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I was tested and had low testosterone levels (low, even for a female....of which I am) which was chalked up to me having an eating disorder.
I wore patches of transdermal testosterone for 6 months and all it did was give me acne.
Sooo......you can have all the testosterone you want, I don't like it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts