VeggieBoards banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bandit
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Of course most people my age (30-something) know or even love Moby for his music and /or vegan politics, but to my amusement in the past couple of days I've ran into two different young people - I'm guessing late teens, twenty at most- referring to Moby as "this artist who owns a vegan restaurant" or having to ask who Moby is.

Strangely I find this comical rather than feeling old. I'm just like EVERYONE KNOWS WHO MOBY IS. Lol.

·
Bandit
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This video is super sad, so brace yourself, but it's also very animal rights and a commentary on modern human apathy and cruelty.

·
Registered
498 Posts
When I'd visit my then-girlfriend/now-wife in NYC, I was a frequenter to Teany when he owned it with his girlfriend and pre-fire. Early/mid-2000's. Loved it. Even took my brother-in-law, who said he would eat fake meat all the time if it all tasted that good.

It really went downhill, unfortunately. Never visited it post-fire, and the whole change to Teanyssimo turned me off. (This was of course after Moby pulled out...)

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Visited Teany in June 2005 and all the diners were handsome/pretty 20 year olds until Mrs Lv and I walked in...

The vegan cheesecake was so good that (after going on to the Tenement Museum) we went back for another slice each.

No sign of Moby; probably round the back washing the dishes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts