VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught a TV Ad tonight that has footage of Circus animals (Elephants, Dogs, Cats, Lions, etc.) performing all the various 'tricks' that the pathetic Circus freaks force them into doing (all in the name of entertainment).

At the end of the Ad two words appear on the screen..... first there's "Clever", then a second later "Cruel" appears next to it. Then these are replaced by "Discuss", with the name and logo of the mobile phone company.

I'm not exactly sure, but I think what the company is saying is "use you mobile phones to discuss whether animal Circuses are clever or cruel"..... and this somewhat bothers me (maybe because I know for a fact that it is cruel). But it seems to me they are making light of the situation.... yet there is nothing "light" about it (in my opinion; I know to advertisers it wouldn't really mean anything, just so long as they keep the $ coming in).

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael

Without seeing it I can't say for sure but it seems like it could be a good thing, it might make people think a little.
I think you have more faith/belief in humans than I do... but yes, it could plant at least some seed of doubt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts