VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe in the potential for vegan activism with browser extensions, especially for augmenting facebook or other online forums, both for outreach and for creating internal networks (obvious stuff like communes or vegan businesses marketing products or events)... Lots and lots I could add, if you're interested please comment!

If you open the app's public drive folder (here it is in incognito to show without being logged in) you can click the "DOWNLOAD ALL" button in the top right, unpack and transfer the ext from the zip to your downloads folder... manually controlling your own file system shouldnt be too much to ask for normal consumers...
Computer Font Operating system Screenshot Rectangle

The desktop interface looks very similar with kiwi ... if you are using an older version of Android you need to find the apk for your OS, I got it done with a google search with the name of the OS and "kiwi apk" (if you genuinely have a hard time please comment and I will help)

From there its as simple as clicking on the Extensions button in the settings
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

Click on the "Developer mode" tab
Click the "Load" button
Navigate to the folder
Click on the manifest.json file
After that it should look like this:
(if it doesnt its because you have the wrong apk)
Product Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot

Click on the "Details" button
Scroll to the bottom and you will see the "Extension options" button
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Electronic device

Clicking on that will open a new tab at the index.html
After it initializes (which depends on how fast you're device is) it should look something like this... I will be adding much more in time
Font Gadget Material property Screenshot Technology

This is a single page app, I've got the other files rendering in the editor alongside the work file, the work file is the file that is updated most regularly, after a function is ironed out it moves to the init file, which is important if you write a bug the whole thing wont break but while still maintaining the single file ideal even though the browser as a platform requires these separate background and content script files...

Adding custom apps and functions is very easy with the G object convention, navigate to G.localWorkStation.dashboardApp.tabs and then add a new object with its html and js functions (look through the other tabs for the idea)...

I believe having this as the platform makes it all much more accessible than typical developer solutions... but idk everything so lol, comment if I'm wrong about that please, and dont just reference some serverless thing, I've already got GAS...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Currently out of work but still trying to make progress, my personal philosophy of software is that it should always be free but on an honor system, if you want to support my effort (or even contract for custom vegan dating networking or whatever), please do so
paypal.me/JacobEdward
Mobile phone Telephony Communication Device Portable communications device Handwriting

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Getting different results on my LG than what I've got working on my SONY... LG is creating this crx file that needs to be recreated manually every time I add another audio file or GIF file etc.
Will take some time to figure out a perfect for every device configuration, more interested in getting my neural networks training on google compute engine again...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts