VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'll be the one to bring this meme here. I didn't see any other threads on this, so here goes.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a new show that is sweeping the internet. Even the manliest of men are getting addicted to this show.

MLP:FiM was created by Laura Faust and her team, people known to have created and animated works like The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (which I grew up watching - amazing show)

What makes this show so hard to stop watching? Just watch it for yourself.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Episode 1 part 1/2

I saw this on Know Your Meme (which has a pretty good writeup on its significance of a cultural phenomenon, by the way, as well as many other memes) and have been hooked against my will ever since.

And no, I am not joking.

Watch it for yourself.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Awww, here I thought you were calling our own MLP's attention to Fox Interactive Media.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

All I know is that Uno is now going to call me My Little Pony.

OT: I actually watched this show the other day on tv because I was obsessed with My Little Pony when I was little. It was cute but sorry Vegkid I did not get addicted to it.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I loved My Little Pony as a kid and Powerpuff Girls remains one of my all time favorites, but I couldn't get into this...

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
I can't believe it, but I actually watched the 2 part pilot. I couldn't stop myself...

*hangs head in shame*

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Quote:
How bout this?

My very own patented rain-blow dry?

My brain did not go to the right place after I heard that line.

·
Registered
824 Posts
What eye-achingly annoying animation D: Also, am I the only one freaked out that the ponys in the carriage are being dragged by some sort of slave-ponies? That's a screwed up culture right there, even by human standards!

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I'm one of the elderly folk here (remembers and loved the original 1980s ponies), and the new, anime-influenced versions just don't do it for me.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa View Post

What eye-achingly annoying animation D: Also, am I the only one freaked out that the ponys in the carriage are being dragged by some sort of slave-ponies? That's a screwed up culture right there, even by human standards!
I remember noticing that and being a bit weirded out but it turns out they're like Princess Celestia's servants or something. They seem to enjoy carting her around everywhere. And they don't seem to talk very much, either, but they always have these smug grins on their faces. Maybe they're plotting revenge?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts