101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Baby Love
5,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis9972 View Post

Hi, I'm in U. City
Hello

I'd assume you could find Veat at one of the two Whole Foods in town. I find Dierberg's also has a good 'natural foods' section. For specific product location, you can look on the Veat website: http://www.vansfoods.com/home/store_locator

ETA - For some reason, the Veat locator link goes to the Van's page. Sorry about that. I'd still check out Whole Foods and possibly Dierbergs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Golden grocer had veat salmon. It as disgusting!

I live in lou now originally from KC

Where are some veg restaurants...

BTW people in KC Jerusalem Cafe has ammmmmmmmmazing food! MMm MMMMmmmmm goood i miss it

·
Baby Love
5,812 Posts
The only vegan restaurant in town (Eternity Cafe) closed for remodeling over a year ago and never reopened

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle View Post

I LOVE Jerusalem Cafe!!!!!
I used to eat there all the time!! They rock. Have not been in that area for awhile. I had a job sorta close by there and we hit the bars later back then.

I had a good friend that used to work there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself here since I'm a fellow Missourian. Born in St. Louis, lived in St. Charles County since I was 4 and moved out to Hawk Point in Lincoln County this November.

It's nice to see other VB'ers from Mo because seriously I've never met a vegetarian, not before when I was omni or even now that we're veggie. They are such big meat eaters out here that they don't even offer a salad bar/fruit option for lunch in my daughter's school.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi...i live in Arnold now...but i have lived all over the state, including St. Louis, Cape Girardeau and Blue Springs. I too find it difficult to be a vegetarian in Missouri, especially for work functions! I do not know any other vegetarians and that makes me sad...so i'm glad that i found this site!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hey everyone!

I'm from KC, I go to school in Oklahoma though, but I'll be home in the summer! Haha.

And yes, I agree with earlier posts - Jerusalem Cafe is AMAZING!

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskins View Post

Hey everyone!

I'm from KC, I go to school in Oklahoma though, but I'll be home in the summer! Haha.

And yes, I agree with earlier posts - Jerusalem Cafe is AMAZING!
What part of KC?

Jackson side?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori~CL View Post

What part of KC?

Jackson side?
Clay County actually.
If you want to get super super specific, I technically live in Gladstone
but I just say KC, especially down here in OK so they'll understand more where I'm from. Even though I'm beginning to rethink that, because the second any Oklahoman down here hears the word "Kansas" they immediately assume I'm actually FROM Kansas.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskins View Post

Clay County actually.
If you want to get super super specific, I technically live in Gladstone
but I just say KC, especially down here in OK so they'll understand more where I'm from. Even though I'm beginning to rethink that, because the second any Oklahoman down here hears the word "Kansas" they immediately assume I'm actually FROM Kansas.
I'm about 20 minutes south of Gladstone. Yeah, we all say Kansas City so I understand that. Or KCMO.
I know what you mean and it seems everyone thinks KC is in Kansas. lol

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Scafe View Post

I will be heading to Springfield soon to visit family. Anyone near there or can recommend a place to eat?
Yes! There's this wonderful chinese restaurant called 5 Spice. Its very elegant but fairly inexpensive, and the Buddhist Feast is delicious and vegan.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts