VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having my period consistently every month. However, since I've become vegetarian, I haven't had my period last month and by this time around I should have gotten it already. And no I don't think I'm pregnant. Lol.

Any advice or similar experiences?

· Registered
151 Posts
you sure you're not pregnant? o.o I don't think a vegetarian diet makes you miss your period...
But i'm no doctor... it could be that since you stopped taking all the hormones from meat, your body just didnt have enough hormones to lunch your period...
But seriously though, I'd get myself a pregnancy test if I were you just to be sure.

· Registered
1,585 Posts
Could be unconnected, or perhaps your body's adjusting to the lifestyle change you've made in its own way. It's not just dietary changes that can do that: it's stress, change in exercise routine, etc.

I wouldn't worry too much about one period. So long as you're taking good care of yourself, things should get back to normal.

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response. Hopefully, I get it this month *crosses fingers*...

Nagev, I'm 100% positive I'm not pregnant. I haven't done anything with my boyfriend since Dec. (we used a contraceptive) and I've had my period on Jan but not Feb-- still waiting for this month.

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:bump:

It's already the first day of April and I still didn't get my period. I was hoping I would get it by now but no luck. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaisa View Post

try this: soak your feet in hot water and mustard powder. It'll "bring it down". It works.
I'll try the soaking-- but way mustard powder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugwrinkles View Post

Are you consuming enough calories? It would have to be pretty extreme for you not to get your period through malnutrition, though.
I don't think I'm malnutritioned, I've been eating a lot!

· Registered
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecl23 View Post

Thanks for the response. Hopefully, I get it this month *crosses fingers*...

Nagev, I'm 100% positive I'm not pregnant. I haven't done anything with my boyfriend since Dec. (we used a contraceptive) and I've had my period on Jan but not Feb-- still waiting for this month.
It is still possible to get your period while pregnant. I got it for the first 4 months of my last pregnancy.
Do a test just to be sure.

· Registered
1,585 Posts
Hmmm, it's been quite awhile now... Maybe you should think about visiting a doctor and/or scheduling an appointment with a gyno. It's probably nothing serious, but better safe than sorry, right?

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

I am in the same boat between stress and trauma in Feb and also doing something with hubby also I have not had mine since Feb 5th. I am getting checked out later on this week. Mine is due again tommrow.
(hugs) Keep me updated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli88 View Post

i'd also suggest a pregnancy test, just to be 100% sure.

also, have you lost any weight recently?
I've lost some weight but it's not significant.

BTW: I scheduled an appt but it'll be a few weeks from now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.